Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,608,099 times

Advertisements

I've actually had this conversation before with guys on the dating site. I will ask them why they don't have anything written in their description/about me. And they will say, "I figure we will talk to each other and get to know each other"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:39 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,023,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I see this in a fair amount of men's profiles in the "About me" section. Probably about 30%. I am wondering how common it is to see in women's profiles?
OH man, I think this is likely where Tinder got it's appeal to those types. In fact, I think since necessity is the mother of invention. I'm sure those who put "just ask" in their profiles peed themselves a little when they found Tinder...so they don't have to put in any long-winded descriptions. lol

Old 09-11-2018, 09:41 AM

880 posts, read 528,902 times
Quote:
I've actually had this conversation before with guys on the dating site. I will ask them why they don't have anything written in their description/about me. And they will say, "I figure we will talk to each other and get to know each other"
I actually had a guy say hi to me that had a very limited profile and i asked him about it, he said he used to have a lot of info on there but he had more to talk about when he didnt offer it all up ahead of time. To be honest my first thought was, wow you must be boring, but im going to see how this plays out...to be continued.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:41 AM

I've seen some women say "Just ask, people don't read this part, they just look at the pictures" Of course, she had like 8 well done photos of herself, and she was pretty hot. lol So she could likely get away with "Just ask".

Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I guess they are like "Screw it...we'll need to actually talk to each other for this to be worth it, why put it all out there. Spoiler alert and all"

Old 09-11-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yeah, I guess they are like "Screw it...we'll need to actually talk to each other for this to be worth it, why put it all out there. Spoiler alert and all"
They don't have to put it "all" out there. Just a teaser.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:00 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,056,677 times
I estimate that about 80% of both male and female profiles have little to no information, and up to about half have so little information as to be useless. (I ran a short test creating a free account, female, to get a look at my competition's profiles to see how I was doing. And no, I never actively used the account, all I did was look at profiles. I discovered very little gender difference in quality of profiles. I saw that even some men spout that "social butterfly" garbage.)

I find it pretty difficult to get enthusiastic about a minimal to nothing profile.

Recently from another topic I realized that some people join dating sites just to look. Maybe some of them are building up to getting active but just haven't reached that point yet. If true it's probably better to assume no profile = just looking.

For reference, I'm discussing sites like eHarmony. If you wanna know any more, just ask.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:02 AM

71 posts, read 36,851 times
maybe 2-3 out of every 5 women have some version of this.

What I read is "I have nothing to write about myself, and I'm too lazy to give any kind of footing that can be segwayed into a decent conversation"
Half of the women who do this tend to be hot though so I tend to swipe right anyway, thinking it's a 99% chance we never even match but on the unlikeliest of offchances, I'd still like to bed her.
I mean even an empty hot bimbo is a hot bimbo and I don't really have the market value on tinder to be picky.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I estimate that about 80% of both male and female profiles have little to no information, ....

80%? Come on.....

Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 AM

23,165 posts, read 26,122,269 times
I 've been tempted to write them and say "Ask what?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships