Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 03:17 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
My niece is barren. Her husband cared dearly for her. Sure wasn't a deal breaker for him. They adopted and got to travel to adopt the little one.

I agree with the poster who noted the reality of the court system.
It’s a terrible shame that people are expected to help support children they help create. Those unfair courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 03:27 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
So basically a guy doesn’t want kids, because a vasectomy has a good chance of being reversed.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:13 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,202 times
No deal breaker here. I had a kid early, and later dated and married my husband who did not want kids. Good deal!

Old 09-13-2018, 04:52 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpolybious View Post
For the record I am 32 and happily married, but not wanting kids had a vasectomy. I know that is quite unusual for a man my age but I am curious, for women that are or around my age if you met an otherwise great guy you liked that had had one would you consider it a deal breaker, full stop?
I was 33 when I met my husband and if he had had a vasectomy it would not have made a difference. I was on the fence about having children. I ended up having a tubal ligation before we got married because of our age difference and his work situation. We are very happy about not having children and hope that it continues (it should, but you never know--I've heard of a few cases where women got their tubes tied and still got pregnant).

Old 09-13-2018, 05:00 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Just be up front. Older women who may want to have kids could rightfully feel cheated out of precious time, if you're deceptive or secretive about it.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:19 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
It would definitely help your chances - I never wanted kids and ended up with someone who was naturally infertile.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:44 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
My feeling is that a guy who gets a vasectomy has decided he doesn't want kids again- ever. That can be a very good or very bad thing. When I hit 30 and my bio clock started going nuts it would have been a dealbreaker- not just because he was infertile but because (I would assume) he wasn't interested in more kids. When I met my second husband I was 43, divorced with a 12-year old son. He was divorced and had an adult son. When he told me he'd had a vasectomy I was VERY happy.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:13 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Nah. We'd be incompatible. I came across several men like this and accepted we were incompatible. No big.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:17 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
I wouldn't be interested in him, but I have several friends who had dated guys like this. (i.e. childfree guy who had a vasectomy) It didn't bother them. So you would have options.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
I was married, and with 2 other women in my 20's, first one, we had plenty of practice making "Tricycle Motors" but never happened. Second one already had 3 children and had had her tubes tied. I figured it wasn't in the cards for me to be a father, fast forward a few years, got married again and my very fertile wife and I had twin boys. 3 weeks after they were born, I had a Vasectomy. We got divorced several years later. I have had several women that I have dated, and married make the comment, "it would a great child we would make" also "that they would love to have my child" but, it hasn't stopped any dating, never been told at all that it's a dealbreaker. Funny thing is it doesn't come up in general dating. After the relationship has grown for a few months, and if it goes to the intimacy stage, there is the normal,"do you have protection?" questions. But still, no change in our dating. Dating a woman half my age now, she states sometimes, that it would nice if I had it reversed, then other days, it's "I'm so glad that we don't have to worry about another child" (She has a two year old)
END OF THE DAY!
Don't date someone that wants to change you. Obviously you don't want to have children. So, if it's a dealbreaker with them because you do have one, then it should be a Dealbreaker for you, that they want to have children. Every relationship should be about the couple, not what one wants. Everybody is different, that's what makes different couples so good for each other. So, rather than try to find out if the women represented here on City Data would date you because of your Vasectomy, you should be looking inside yourself to decide whether you will change your decision to be a Father or not. This is not about us, or other women, This is about YOUR decision. I do realize you state you are happily married, (which makes it a very odd question for YOU to ask) but there has to be an underlying factor which makes you curious to know.
Bottom Line: Look inside yourself for the answer, not from outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships