Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 01:43 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I totally agree with you but I think you are describing a girl who needs a guy to validate her.

Is that your goal?

I speak from experience of female friends who have low self esteem and are like this. After sex with the guy, they don't want him to be yet another guy who "used them for sex" so now they get all desperate and try everything to make the guy not leave her.

Women who are self assured usually don't even care if they guy doesn't see her after sex. So she is not going to go calling. She usually has other guys chasing after her so she has the luxury of waiting for a guy that will continue to do all the "work".

No judgement for you waiting the relationship to have the unfairness favor you. Go after what you want. I'd warn you that though you think you are winning the fairness game, it may just be on a superficial level. You may find later on that the girl you end up with has a lot of validation issues and constantly needs your affirmation.

But if you are just looking for fun right now, go ahead.

A lot girls are also afraid of "loosing the guy" if the she doesn't start calling the guy.

But people who like who they are and like each other usually figure it out. The guy usually just calls because he likes her so much and she is probably used to being approached by guys so she knows he's gonna call.

I don't know an attractive self assured girl, with a good career, making her own money, who worries about a guy not calling. She gets hit on so many times she knows the guy will ultimately call.

That's why I say its the insecure girls you likely will end up getting with your approach.
Reasonable, rational and IME, accurate.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:33 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
You normally know if u want to see someone again defintely after 2 dates

Old 09-23-2018, 07:21 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you but I think you are describing a girl who needs a guy to validate her.

Is that your goal?

I speak from experience of female friends who have low self esteem and are like this. After sex with the guy, they don't want him to be yet another guy who "used them for sex" so now they get all desperate and try everything to make the guy not leave her.

Women who are self assured usually don't even care if they guy doesn't see her after sex. So she is not going to go calling. She usually has other guys chasing after her so she has the luxury of waiting for a guy that will continue to do all the "work".
If a woman being "self assured" doesn't benefit me directly, I really don't care. I care about getting the relationship I want.

Quote:
No judgement for you waiting the relationship to have the unfairness favor you. Go after what you want. I'd warn you that though you think you are winning the fairness game, it may just be on a superficial level. You may find later on that the girl you end up with has a lot of validation issues and constantly needs your affirmation.
This seems more like wishful thinking on your part. Of course, no relationship where the man has the "power" can be good right?

Quote:
But if you are just looking for fun right now, go ahead.

A lot girls are also afraid of "loosing the guy" if the she doesn't start calling the guy.

But people who like who they are and like each other usually figure it out. The guy usually just calls because he likes her so much and she is probably used to being approached by guys so she knows he's gonna call.

I don't know an attractive self assured girl, with a good career, making her own money, who worries about a guy not calling. She gets hit on so many times she knows the guy will ultimately call.

That's why I say its the insecure girls you likely will end up getting with your approach.
I don't really want a woman who is "indifferent" to where she stands with me because of her job, education, money, blah, blah, blah... [insert pretentious nonsense].

Once again.. do her "qualities" benefit ME directly? If not, I don't care.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:44 PM

553 posts, read 302,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
If a woman being "self assured" doesn't benefit me directly, I really don't care. I care about getting the relationship I want.

This seems more like wishful thinking on your part. Of course, no relationship where the man has the "power" can be good right?

I don't really want a woman who is "indifferent" to where she stands with me because of her job, education, money, blah, blah, blah... [insert pretentious nonsense].

Once again.. do her "qualities" benefit ME directly? If not, I don't care.
I’m saying if she’s already happy being single, she won’t care if you don’t call her after sex and she’s not going to go calling you.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I’m saying if she’s already happy being single, she won’t care if you don’t call her after sex and she’s not going to go calling you.
Then she is not the right woman for me.

By the way, I don't cut women off completely. I just stop planning dates after sex. I'll still invite them over, but nothing more until she plans something.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:04 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
By the way, I don't cut women off completely. I just stop planning dates after sex. I'll still invite them over, but nothing more until she plans something.
How gentlemanly of you. I mean, to not cut them off completely. I am glad you are not selfish in sharing yourself.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
How gentlemanly of you. I mean, to not cut them off completely. I am glad you are not selfish in sharing yourself.
I never said I was a gentleman and I'm definitely selfish.

Truth be told I used to be a gentleman and/or "nice guy". But I've always been about "results" above all things. This applies to every area of my life. So when something isn't working, I make adjustments until something does. And guess what works...

Old 09-24-2018, 04:06 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:

However, planning things is definitely work.
I never found it to be work. Not sure how you came up with it though. I take it you tend to struggle lifting your pinky finger up, too?

Old 09-24-2018, 06:36 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I never found it to be work. Not sure how you came up with it though. I take it you tend to struggle lifting your pinky finger up, too?
I think he means dating is work

Old 09-24-2018, 08:06 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I think he means dating is work
It is for women as well. Women are human beings. We have feelings, desires, disappointments. We search through OLD (some of us), search and hope in real life. We worry about what to wear and what to say, whether we're accomplished enough, attractive enough, intelligent enough, interesting enough. Many of us spend a nice chunk in both money and time on clothes, makeup and hair. We work out. FEW people just roll out of bed, walk out into the street and have great dates come running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships