Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2018, 07:58 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times

Advertisements

When I interact with women, sometimes flirting and friendliness can overlap. I was speaking with a woman at a Meetup social gathering. I think we hit it off. She's actually a German woman living in America. Beautiful eyes and smile. We talked a good while. The group was kind of moving around from one floor to the next and she'd be like "Come TT, join me" and she'd make eye contact with me a lot, smiling and engaging me conversation when she's with someone else, trying to include me. Like "Isn't that right, TT?"

She'd even kind of touch me on occasion. She's just beautiful and outgoing. I was really drawn to her. She made some pop culture reference that we kind of laughed at.

She then said, "Add me on Facebook"...I was like "Wow, I actually didn't have to initiate anything with a woman this time...green light!"

Now, before you start going off track with the medium which she used to keep in touch, it's unnecessary and diverts from the topic. Don't say, "Dude, you should have gotten her actual phone#" As we all know, peoples' ideas on this varies tremendously, as proven by opinions of others on this site.

Anyways, I'd use FB as a launching point to take it to the next step, regardless. Maybe that was her way of dropping her handkerchief. ;-)

Anyways, I added her on....and noticed she used some movie reference in place of where she lived at one time. It cracked me up and I told her this in chat, she went "he he". Then I said, "I woman with a great smile/eyes and a sense of humor, I like that!" She had "seen it" some time ago, but as of yet to respond.

Now, I usually don't say stuff like that...but I find that if you don't flirt, which shows an indicator of interest, instead of talking about the weather, you won't find yourself a dull, friend zone candidate.

My question is though, although none of you were there to bear witness, did it sound like she was being friendly or flirty.

Keep in mind, sometimes even if a woman is being FRIENDLY, I'll take a shot at her regardless...you know...just in case.

I think I'm comparing her to other women, who 90% of the are rather short with me in conversation as to not encourage me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Dude. Come on, guy. With as many dates as you’ve been going on recently, with as many women as you’ve been talking to, you can’t tell when a woman is interested or not? Just keep talking with her on Facebook and ask her out. You will have your answer right there....

Old 09-16-2018, 08:36 AM

Found out, she was just being friendly, and says she pretty much engages conversation with even the check out clerk at the grocery store. That she's an extrovert. *Shrug* who knew, right? :P

Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Friendly.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:01 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Not everyone uses meetup for finding dates. I think you jumped the gun.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:07 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Yep. I was going to say OP was reading wayyyy too much into their meeting. She was being friendly.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:22 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Found out, she was just being friendly, and says she pretty much engages conversation with even the check out clerk at the grocery store. That she's an extrovert. *Shrug* who knew, right? :P
There ya go.

/topic

Old 09-16-2018, 12:36 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Not everyone uses meetup for finding dates. I think you jumped the gun.
Exactly. Not all single people going to meetups are using it to find dates--especially if it's a group not specifically marketed as for singles. Often they really just want to be social and dance or try new restaurants or whatever.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Exactly. Not all single people going to meetups are using it to find dates--especially if it's a group not specifically marketed as for singles. Often they really just want to be social and dance or try new restaurants or whatever.
Actually, this woman is a member of singles Meetups. So it's moot.

Plus it's kind of irrelevant the manner of which I met her. I mean...if I had said I met her at a gym, someone here would say, "People don't go to the gym to meet other singles" Hell, you could say that about just anywhere you go that's not labeled as "singles"

My dad met my mom at the beach, cold turkey. She wasn't there for the intention of meeting a man.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Plus it's kind of irrelevant the manner of which I met her. I mean...if I had said I met her at a gym, someone here would say, "People don't go to the gym to meet other singles" Hell, you could say that about just anywhere you go that's not labeled as "singles"
My very first OLD date and we're still dating (since January) have met several times at the gym we are both members of, and they've been fun dates. I'm glad I don't have inferiority issues in that it bothers me she can out-yoga and out-Zumba me! — I'm glad she doesn't do weight lifting. I'd just hate it if she out-did me in weights too!

I had an amusing coincidence in that I was dating three women at the same time, all of we four being members of the same gym chain. It was lucky that they three were nearest a location not near to me. Woah!

Only the woman I discussed remains. I never did see two of them at the same time. And bestest, I still really like the woman who was my first OLD date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships