Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 04:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,601,113 times

Advertisements

I went out on a first date today with a guy from the dating site that I like. He was nice, respectful, and we had fun. During our date we discussed his marriage with his ex-wife. He said that he felt that they really hit it off when they first met and things went fast with her but that he didn't even know her. He said by the end of the marriage (15 years and few kids later) he still didn't know her. He said that he doesn't have a problem with relationships but he believes that a relationship should start with being friends first. He talked about us going places and doing things together. The only problem is that I couldn't tell if he was attracted to me or if he saw me as a friend only. He was attractive and we had fun but I felt no spark coming from him. I thought maybe he just wasn't feeling it. At the end of the date I wasn't even sure if he'd ask me out again. So when we went to say our goodbyes, he said that he wanted to do this again. I said "Oh you do? I wasn't sure if you wanted to". He said "Yeah you're in charge". I said "I am????" I said "But you didn't ask me if I wanted to go somewhere". He said "Well yeah whatever you want (and he laughed)". Then he gave me a hug and kissed me on my forehead. Now I'm feeling confused about how this is going to go now. Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 04:05 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,913,531 times
Mmmm....I don't know. This sounds really lukewarm to me. If it were me I'd be moving forward and if he called, great.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:06 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,686,295 times
Second date he's looking to score. After that he'll move onto his next online love of the week

Old 09-17-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Mmmm....I don't know. This sounds really lukewarm to me. If it were me I'd be moving forward and if he called, great.

That's how it felt...... lukewarm.
I imagine that's how he felt and acted with his ex-wife but she took CHARGE and next thing he knew he was living with her and with child.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Second date he's looking to score. After that he'll move onto his next online love of the week
With me being "In charge" that's not going to happen. If he's playing a game, he would need to be in charge.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:11 PM

553 posts, read 300,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I went out on a first date today with a guy from the dating site that I like. He was nice, respectful, and we had fun. During our date we discussed his marriage with his ex-wife. He said that he felt that they really hit it off when they first met and things went fast with her but that he didn't even know her. He said by the end of the marriage (15 years and few kids later) he still didn't know her. He said that he doesn't have a problem with relationships but he believes that a relationship should start with being friends first. He talked about us going places and doing things together. The only problem is that I couldn't tell if he was attracted to me or if he saw me as a friend only. He was attractive and we had fun but I felt no spark coming from him. I thought maybe he just wasn't feeling it. At the end of the date I wasn't even sure if he'd ask me out again. So when we went to say our goodbyes, he said that he wanted to do this again. I said "Oh you do? I wasn't sure if you wanted to". He said "Yeah you're in charge". I said "I am????" I said "But you didn't ask me if I wanted to go somewhere". He said "Well yeah whatever you want (and he laughed)". Then he gave me a hug and kissed me on my forehead. Now I'm feeling confused about how this is going to go now. Your thoughts?
You and I seem to disagree on this topic but I'd tell him you'd love to see him again, then sit back and see what he does. And by sit back I mean don't contact him and keep dating other people.

Personal story: my current partner (3yrs) told me after our first date to call him. Well I don't call guys (not the ones I just met and am getting to know). So I said, ok and left it at that, thinking I was never going to call him. No sooner did I get home than I had an online message from him saying he enjoyed the date (we met online). I replied back with my phone number and he called me right away.

I truly can't see a mature guy liking someone and not calling. Mature guys really go after what they want.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
You and I seem to disagree on this topic but I'd tell him you'd love to see him again, then sit back and see what he does. And by sit back I mean don't contact him and keep dating other people.

Personal story: my current partner (3yrs) told me after our first date to call him. Well I don't call guys (not the ones I just met and am getting to know). So I said, ok and left it at that, thinking I was never going to call him. No sooner did I get home than I had an online message from him saying he enjoyed the date (we met online). I replied back with my phone number and he called me right away.

I truly can't see a mature guy liking someone and not calling. Mature guys really go after what they want.
I do plan to sit back and see what he does. The only thing you and I disagree about is that I don't do that FOREVER with a guy.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:21 PM

553 posts, read 300,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I do plan to sit back and see what he does. The only thing you and I disagree about is that I don't do that FOREVER with a guy.
I don't do that forever with a guy either but I would say still he does about 95% of initiation with calls and text and I do about 90% of initiation with making plans when we are both free.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,733,272 times
Go on a second date and see how it goes but if you notice a noncommittal pattern I would bail.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:54 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,514,331 times
Its only a first date.

Relax.

Why do women expect you to be drooling all over them right a way? He barely knows you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships