Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:49 PM

24 posts, read 27,688 times

Advertisements

I was on here a while ago and people were saying he didn’t love me because he was still in contact with his ex but today while we’re out celebrating our year anniversary he proposed. Those messages really didn’t mean a thing.

Does any of this really mean anything to him?

https://instagram.com/p/Bn4626dATAB/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 11:02 PM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
Cool. Good for you. But I don't know what you're telling us for. Did you really make an Instagram page just to show your ring? You don't have to prove anything to us. Go be with your "fiance."

Last edited by Auraliea; 09-18-2018 at 11:12 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 11:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Wow, look at that! I'm sure you're happy.

So what did his ex say when he told her?

Old 09-19-2018, 08:13 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,880,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angieeee View Post
My boyfriend left his ex to be with me going on a year ago in October and a while ago he was still texting her, being flirty trying to have sex with her but, that was a month ago. The argument we had yesterday wasn’t over her or about her, we argue a lot. We also live together. After our argument we were talking to each other through text and he told me he was gonna get our initials tattooed on him and that he doesn’t care about how much we argue because he wants me In his life and he loves me. I believe he loves me more than he ever loved his ex. He never tattooed her name, my friends believe it’s just a trap.

So less than two months ago he tried to have sex with the ex, you argue a lot and now he proposed to you?

Uhm. Okay.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:15 AM

314 posts, read 438,355 times
The fact that he proposed doesn't mean a thing. My older brother proposed to his now wife and still was cheating on her....well he still is...if it has a hole and moving , he is hitting it. Roll a donut past him and he will jump on it.

My point OP is a ring doesn't mean he isn't cheating, it is just a ring, but hey, good luck.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:44 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angieeee View Post
I was on here a while ago and people were saying he didn’t love me because he was still in contact with his ex but today while we’re out celebrating our year anniversary he proposed. Those messages really didn’t mean a thing.

Does any of this really mean anything to him?

https://instagram.com/p/Bn4626dATAB/

If someone is still in contact with their ex...well there better be a child in the equation for him/her to still be in contact.That would make sense.The fact that someone gives you a ring and they were still in contact with an ex and they don't have any kids together...that's a red flag.
I found out that when my ex-husband called me awhile back...he was married WITH a child on the way..yeah..so how freaking wrong was that!!! I bet the wife doesn't know to this day.Oh and we don't have any kids together.
You guys who choose to ignore your instinct because you want to be so much in a relationship...well you get what you get in the end.
This relationship will not end well.It's better to end it before you get married and then have to get a divorce afterwards.It's very disrespectful to be in touch with an ex...unless it's for communicating if there are kids involved.If not...you need to bail BUT since he proposed to you...you think everything is going well.
Well good luck with all of that.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:46 AM

888 posts, read 553,691 times
This is a classic case of someone thinking that marriage will change the fighting and the dynamics of a relationship. It won't. I don't get why it's ok he tried to sleep with someone else, just because he gave you a ring.

You will be back on here in a few years, complaining but then stuck in a marriage with kids.

But good luck to you.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:53 AM

1,178 posts, read 683,336 times
Good luck with that.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 AM

3,287 posts, read 3,001,303 times
Sometimes I feel I can get the entire story just from the headline. It's interesting to me that instead of saying, "I got the guy," the OP says, "I got the ring."

Old 09-19-2018, 09:41 AM

6,535 posts, read 8,340,612 times
He left his GF for you, you're together for less than a year, you argue a lot, one month ago he was trying to get his ex to holla back - Sorry, that ring doesn't mean a thing.

Once those diamonds lose a little of their shine, those messages will start meaning something again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships