Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:34 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I know...but even given both psychological and intellectual factors, we mostly want to couple up. I am trying to imagine what in this scenario has changed men (just men) fundamentally so that they no longer have any urge to approach women, yet when the women approach them, suddenly, they do want the women. The scenario just isn't making any sense and more and more caveats are being put in, to the point that it's really just nonsense (sorry, OP).

Also, non-violent animals can be very complex, particularly those who live in groups. Just wanted to.add that, because that was incorrect.
It's the OP who has it wrong. It's not that the men aren't approaching women, because they don't care about women. They're not approaching due to low self-esteem that leads them to think no women are interested, or due to shyness, or they've lost confidence after struggling socially in high school, or whatever. So when a woman does approach them, they tend to assume she's only being platonically friendly, but if a woman persists, they may be relieved to realize she's really into them. The OP is indulging his fantasy, that the men are indifferent to women, which is an erroneous belief on his part.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:37 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Cool beans. So...if I were single, I'd continue doing what I've always done. Approach the men I was interested in. Easy as pie.
Right. The guys who come up with these scenarios obviously have never been approached by women, nor have their friends. So in their world, it would be something revolutionary, for women to do that.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:52 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Ringy-ding-ding! The Coconut comes up with the correct answer.

It would never happen because if Coconut or I were faced with no competition we would be odd men out, and we would still keep approaching desirable women.

All your woman are belong to us!

(That's a pun on "Engrish" in the old Japanese SF game: Zero Game.)
Lmao! this thread (like many others) is a beacon for bitter guys to chime in on.

I get it! For the average man (like myself) getting laid isn’t easy, but damnit! some of you guys can be so embarrassing. Just stop already, Lol. These “what if women did this so I can get laid” threads are silly, Lol.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:53 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right. The guys who come up with these scenarios obviously have never been approached by women, nor have their friends. So in their world, it would be something revolutionary, for women to do that.

It's revolutionary in that if you look at whole of human history women didn't approach men. Of course, approaching itself is new in and of itself. Dating as we know it is a modern thing. Women have been approaching men for at least 30 years now. Maybe even longer than 30 years as I am just going off my dating experience which only goes back that far. When I did OLD, all my dates were when the woman approached.

I'd say if you are a man and haven't been approached 1) You aren't paying attention/don't notice it or 2) There is something about the way you present yourself (in person or online) that keeps women away or 3) You don't socialize a lot (or you limit your interactions to other men/a limited circle of people).

Old 09-24-2018, 07:59 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I'd say if you are a man and haven't been approached 1) You aren't paying attention/don't notice it or 2) There is something about the way you present yourself (in person or online) that keeps women away or 3) You don't socialize a lot (or you limit your interactions to other men/a limited circle of people).

I get approached online, but super super super (every few years) IRL. It's not a common thing for even most good looking guys I know (yes, including the one's that are pretty aware of such things and realize "approaching" by most women is fundamentally different from how men do it).

(And no, I'm not including me in the good looking camp. I am not.)

Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
[quote=TMBGBlueCanary;53172657.

I'd say if you are a man and haven't been approached 1) You aren't paying attention/don't notice it or 2) There is something about the way you present yourself (in person or online) that keeps women away or 3) You don't socialize a lot (or you limit your interactions to other men/a limited circle of people).[/QUOTE]

Or you’re not physically attractive

Old 09-24-2018, 08:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
The problem is not if all men stop approaching it’s if you throw enough stones only mr right will stop approaching

Old 09-24-2018, 08:07 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Another post talks about MGTOW men being "bitter" about making "bad choices" with women. I guess its their fault they "can't get laid".

So since you can't have it both ways.. its those women's fault they got "played".

Its either both or neither. Which do you agree with?
I feel if an individual keeps encountering the same problem over and over again, 9 times out of 10 they're the problem. This goes for men and women. No need to paint everyone else with a broad brush because they can't figure out how to make things work for them.

A little self responsibility goes a long way.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lmao! this thread (like many others) is a beacon for bitter guys to chime in on.

I get it! For the average man (like myself) getting laid isn’t easy, but damnit! some of you guys can be so embarrassing. Just stop already, Lol. These “what if women did this so I can get laid” threads are silly, Lol.
I'm noticing that almost every thread in CDR eventually turns to pisss and vinegar.
I imagine that you can't keep Incel's confined to Reddit and their own little special forums. They want to be where the women are too to vent their anger and rage. It's an online thing for sure and a few of them go on a real life killing rampages like Elliot Rogers.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:38 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I feel if an individual keeps encountering the same problem over and over again, 9 times out of 10
However, all it takes is ONE. That 1 out of 10 to be attracted. Ever consider that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships