Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 01:58 PM

529 posts, read 507,857 times

Advertisements

I dont really know how to express this. I guess what I'm saying is if you are the type of person who doesn't really dream big and want much, is that going to be a huge turn off when trying to date?

Last edited by startingfromscratchagain; 09-22-2018 at 02:14 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 02:02 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
CDr basically chewed a guy out over not placing too much emphasis on his vocation.

I suspect people are much more forgiving in general populace.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 PM

5,475 posts, read 6,290,008 times
Yes, a huge turn off. I've always been someone with big dreams who's always looking to move up and better myself, not just for me but for my family as well, and I'm lucky enough to be with a woman who thinks the same way. A lazy, self centered, do nothing, snowflake woman with an entitlement mindset wouldn't last 5 minutes with me, lol. And believe me, there's LOTS of them out there these days, of both genders.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Yes a man without ambition is not attractive
What is worse is a man so afraid of failure that he becomes highly successful
In fact is scared rich
Women are in fact attracted to him but Women dont really like him bek he is paranoid and hard to manipulate
In fact lots of people don’t like him
So there are worse things than ambition issues

Old 09-22-2018, 02:13 PM

529 posts, read 507,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Yes, a huge turn off. I've always been someone with big dreams who's always looking to move up and better myself, not just for me but for my family as well, and I'm lucky enough to be with a woman who thinks the same way. A lazy, self centered, do nothing, snowflake woman with an entitlement mindset wouldn't last 5 minutes with me, lol. And believe me, there's LOTS of them out there these days, of both genders.
But you make it sound like there is no in between. And bettering oneself need not be linked to income, although you didnt say it did. For instance, I'd rather spend my time learning to play a new instrument than put in " insert hours" st the office to get a bigger paycheck. I dont know, I feel like there is so much emphasis placed on dreaming big, but so little placed on enjoying small things always around us...

Old 09-22-2018, 02:14 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
But you make it sound like there is no in between. And bettering oneself need not be linked to income, although you didnt say it did. For instance, I'd rather spend my time learning to play a new instrument than put in " insert hours" st the office to get a bigger paycheck. I dont know, I feel like there is so much emphasis placed on dreaming big, but do little places on enjoying small things that are always around us...
Right. There's more to life than climbing the corporate ladder.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:20 PM

1,593 posts, read 775,850 times
Yes. Goals are a must.

It doesn't mean she has to be rich, professionally successful, college-educated. It means that I'd like her to want to do something with her life.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:20 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
I think lack of ambition is one of the top turn offs for women. Lady repellant. Who wants to be with a hedonistic man unless he already has it made financially?

When I did OLD regularly I noticed almost all women wanted a man who was ambitious, had drive, a go-getter. Being ambitious definitely gets you in the good books with most women.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:25 PM

867 posts, read 721,273 times
Lack of ambition is a turn-off for me as a woman. Ambition doesn't need to be what drives a man's career goals, but it has to drive SOMETHING in him: a hobby, a cause, an intellectual pursuit, something.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
My ex-bf had himself marked as "Somewhat ambitious", whereas most men had themselves marked as ambitious. This didn't turn me off because I consider myself the same and had the same marked. We both felt content with our place in life and had no desire to climb higher on the corporate ladder. That is something I can understand. Now does that mean that we both didn't make a decent living to support ourselves? No, we both did and he made more than me actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships