Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 03:15 PM

19,412 posts, read 12,059,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
More sex in developed nations won't necessarily mean significantly more pregnancies. After all, there's birth control.

And literally if the world were running out of people, I doubt people would be thrown into cages together and ordered to do it. Women would simply donate, or sell, eggs, and men would sell...egg juice, add one laboratory, mix well, rent a surrogate et voila. OR, provide incentives for people to naturally conceive, which would actually save money in the long run. (This assuming some very very unlikely scenario of the world population dwindling to extinction proportions based on people using birth control. Just not going to happen, but...we'll go with it.)

But I doubt sex itself is completely going out of style. People will keep doing it. Fewer people doing it, though (due to, I hope, smarter choices and less peer pressure), simply WON'T result in our species dying out. Not at this point. Incentives would be provided or something before that time. But again...that's the stuff of apocalyptic novels, not anything realistic. People will keep doing it but people ARE more selective now and DON'T feel as pressured to "just" do it simply because b/c is available...and I think that's a positive step.

We should have choice...especially since we can.
Future sex will be like in Demolition Man - fluid exchange? Ewwww!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_q-DhQwZog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,313,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Future sex will be like in Demolition Man - fluid exchange? Ewwww!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_q-DhQwZog
I could see that happening...

Demolition Man is one of my favorite movies.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:53 PM

378 posts, read 228,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why? What is crappy about not putting sex up on some pedestal? It's just sex; it is not the end all be all of human existence.
It technically is.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:03 AM

192 posts, read 256,713 times
The very idea someone would demand or expect sex at any phase of a relationship just says ******* to me. Of course I do not have relationships anymore for this very reason, since most people are shallow a holes driven by base needs. How about three years? That would be a far more reasonable amount of time to actually get to know someone well enough to want to have sex with them. Well, ok, three months...

Old 11-21-2018, 02:34 AM

24,522 posts, read 18,044,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I could see that happening...

Demolition Man is one of my favorite movies.
That sets the bar pretty low on movies.

So what do you use the shells for, anyways?? Lol

Old 11-21-2018, 04:29 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,199,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Your character depends on when you decide to sleep with someone? I must live on some other planet. I view sex as a step in developing a committed long term relationship. I'm judging character from the first moment I meet them. I'm screening for character and compatibility. The mutual decision to have sex could be the first date, the 3rd date, weeks later, or never happen. It's part of screening for compatibility. The worst is dating a virgin or a very inexperienced woman who views sex as something sacred.
If you are a believer, then sex IS sacred and should be saved for your spouse. However, today there are very few virgins walking up the aisle. I believe sex is very special and ideally should be between a couple who loves each other. Do I mess up sometimes? Yes, but most of us do because we have physical urges and it's the rare couple that doesn't give in to those urges until they know each other better. Personally, I don't think you can know a person well enough after just three dates to become intimate with him/her and I'm not going to follow some arbitrary rule just to make sure the person I have been dating just a short time is good in bed. If you love each other and are open enough with each other then sexual problems can be worked out but only if there is willingness to learn in order to please the partner.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:42 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,199,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why? What is crappy about not putting sex up on some pedestal? It's just sex; it is not the end all be all of human existence.
You are sharing your body with someone, that is a big deal in my book. I'm not becoming intimate with someone until I trust them. Granted I am a Boomer and so I may have a completely different outlook on sex than someone in their 20's or 30's but you also have to think about all the other people the person you are hooking up with has been with. Because unless you use a condom 100% of the time you leave yourself open to not only a possible pregnancy but all sorts of STD's.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
That sets the bar pretty low on movies.

So what do you use the shells for, anyways?? Lol
Just can't figure out.

But I'm sure Taco Bell has a diagram.

However, that "sex machine" would probably reduce the three-date rule.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
You are sharing your body with someone, that is a big deal in my book. I'm not becoming intimate with someone until I trust them. Granted I am a Boomer and so I may have a completely different outlook on sex than someone in their 20's or 30's but you also have to think about all the other people the person you are hooking up with has been with. Because unless you use a condom 100% of the time you leave yourself open to not only a possible pregnancy but all sorts of STD's.
Me neither. I would have to trust them to an extreme, and also myself. But I can take it or leave it. Sex may be a big deal, but it is not something that I NEED to have. I went a couple of years without sex and I'm still alive...

Old 11-21-2018, 05:53 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,780,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

Good thing they have tests for that. I can't even recall the last time I didn't use a condom though. I'm sure if I really tried I could come up with one.

And baby boomers, lots of them, slept around like crazy. They were the ones in their teens and 20s during the Free Love times and the advent of hormonal birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships