Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:11 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times

Advertisements

I have dated some women who were considerably older. In some (though not all) ways I was mature beyond my age when I was in my 20s so it felt like we were peers. The age difference that causes so much comment when she's older goes completely unnoticed when he's older. Total double standard.

I don't know about meeting people for dating through specific setup techniques like online or going to bars, as I have never met a girlfriend that way nor have I dated in a very long time. If you're going online, can't you just put something like "SWM 21 seeks SWF 30-45"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 08:00 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times
There's still a big stigma associated with "cougars" that just isn't there with older man/younger woman relationships.

I'm 32 and my girlfriend is 24. We've never had anyone question the age gap. If it was the other way around, the woman would be getting all sorts of questions about the man's maturity, is he able to provide, what does she see in him, etc.

With the exception of my current relationship, one other relationship, and an off-on thing for several years, all the women I've seriously dated were at least ten years older than me. My family didn't care for them. They were polite, but that was it.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:04 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
40's here. If I was interested in just sex maybe I would go with a much younger guy, but that is not all I'm interested in.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:18 AM

17 posts, read 17,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What is it about older women that you prefer?

Pretty much what SingaporeLady said. Other than that? I don't know. I get along better with older people. And my two most significant crushes, not gonna lie, were both teachers.

And trust me SingaporeLady, we may be far apart but there's still plenty that could be done, lol :P.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 AM

17 posts, read 17,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
40's here. If I was interested in just sex maybe I would go with a much younger guy, but that is not all I'm interested in.

So you'd never even consider a real romantic relationship at all? Just sex?
I know a guy in his early twenties who married his former University Professor, mid-forties. They have a kid two. He's younger than her son from a previous marriage.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:17 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
OP, I knew a guy like you, who wanted to date older women. He said all the responses he got were weird, sleazy ones, wanting to use him for a sex toy, not women interested in legit dating. Be careful what you wish for.

HC is right; most women in the age range you're interested in aren't looking for 20-somethings.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:19 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframInventorofWarp View Post
I know a guy in his early twenties who married his former University Professor, mid-forties. They have a kid two. He's younger than her son from a previous marriage.
It happens, OP, but just because you know the odd unicorn who achieved that, doesn't mean it's somewhat common. You'll have a hard time finding a match. Are you in college, btw? I knew a couple of women college professors, who were into trying to pick up their male students. You could start there?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I would but it would be hard to believe that he wanted a serious relationship. I know it happens, but I'm not much of a risk taker and it sounds risky. In your example, they obviously had already formed a connection through university. I have no idea how I would relate to a guy so much younger.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I get along better with older people.

May I ask why?

Old 09-27-2018, 04:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,826,135 times
Quote:
Pretty much what SingaporeLady said. Other than that? I don't know. I get along better with older people. And my two most significant crushes, not gonna lie, were both teachers.

And trust me SingaporeLady, we may be far apart but there's still plenty that could be done, lol :P.
So I'll be waiting lol...

About a year older a guy 12 years younger than me showed interest in me, but after 2 mths or so flaked out.. I didn't pursue him to ask what the reason was, just left it at that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships