Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:05 PM

17,142 posts, read 8,794,263 times

Advertisements

Maybe the 5-6 has a better iPhone than your 8-9 sister?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 07:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,585,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaa View Post
I guess this a true but my sister is a 8-9 and her ex cheated on her with a 4-5 and he left her for that 4-5 after she found out he was cheating but the thing is him cheating had nothing to do with her. She’s kind,sweet She was even paying for movie dates and giving him money for gas buying him food just because that’s who she is and he didn’t have a job so she trusted he would return those favors once he got on his feet. I told her it wasn’t a good idea to do those things but she loved him and cared. Of course she got upset and and would go off sometimes but that was only because he would go a day without texting or calling or without texting or calling back. Always bailing on their plans together, not always but often. And she but outside of that she never hit him or nagged him over crazy things like him not giving her enough attention. She lost her virginity to him and experienced a lot of her first with him. She was crazy about him so it was nothing she did that made him cheat And even after he left her he still messaged her and kept in touch, flirting and all, liking her pictures, watching her Instagram/Facebook stories all while still with his 5-6 and she found out he’s engaged to that 5-6 But I doubt that means much to him.
It's stupid to rate people with numbers. You sound like you're trying to work out an algebra problem.

People get with whoever they want to get with, and the "math" will not always make sense to you. If people only are as faithful as their options, even the lesser numbers are also options.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:09 PM

102,062 posts, read 106,950,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
No idea. I knew of a man like that when I was growing up. He was married to a beautiful, kind woman, but he started an affair with the housekeeper who was frankly a lot less attractive. His wife left him and he married the housekeeper.

For what it's worth, though, he and the housekeeper are still married, nearly 20 years later.
People still do that? They marry the maid? I've come across that in history books, but not IRL in my lifetime. Hitler's dad married the maid. Der Fuhrer was the product of that marriage.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:14 PM

8,917 posts, read 7,666,848 times
Quote:
I guess this a true but my sister is a 8-9 and her ex cheated on her with a 4-5 and he left her for that 4-5 after she found out he was cheating but the thing is him cheating had nothing to do with her. She’s kind,sweet She was even paying for movie dates and giving him money for gas buying him food just because that’s who she is and he didn’t have a job so she trusted he would return those favors once he got on his feet. I told her it wasn’t a good idea to do those things but she loved him and cared. Of course she got upset and and would go off sometimes but that was only because he would go a day without texting or calling or without texting or calling back. Always bailing on their plans together, not always but often. And she but outside of that she never hit him or nagged him over crazy things like him not giving her enough attention. She lost her virginity to him and experienced a lot of her first with him. She was crazy about him so it was nothing she did that made him cheat And even after he left her he still messaged her and kept in touch, flirting and all, liking her pictures, watching her Instagram/Facebook stories all while still with his 5-6 and she found out he’s engaged to that 5-6 But I doubt that means much to him.
This happens because people are not set in stone, they are very wishy washy, what they want one day may be different the next. Feelings change, relationships are not always constant, and people change significantly everyday. Although, you want to make sense of this, there is no way you can. You were not in that relationship, you are not your sister, her ex, or the other girl. No matter how perfect someone appears to be, it guarantees nothing. ALL relationships carry some type of risk. People are imperfect and they do stupid inconsiderate things. Human nature has taught us this time and time again.

One person's "10" may be another person's "-10." I just wish people could get a grasp on this instead of just asking why, why, why? All the time when the answer is RIGHT there.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:29 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,339,732 times
Alpha complex...you get two types of guys who fall under that category: Type 1 - the guy who runs around pissing on everything and banging every woman that he can in a display of power, and Type 2 - the protector who has to take care of everybody and everything that he can just because. There's sort of a yin and yang type of relationship between the two, and Type 2 is a unicorn of sorts but does exist.

Moral of the story, most guys kind of suck.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:21 PM

62 posts, read 49,651 times
That's an old Chris Rock joke. It is meant to suggest that the guy is only as faithful as his options, meaning that if he is attractive, charismatic or successful in some way, the more women will be willing to sleep with him. Therefore, he is more likely to be faithful if he doesn't have that many options. No doubt there are some that buy into that theory, but certainly not all men.

Quote:
What your example clearly illustrates is that her attractiveness has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with his character. Look at the way he treated and used her. His lack of respect and entitled attitude is a clear indicator of the type of person who would cheat.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:40 PM

10 posts, read 7,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett.O'Hara View Post
That's an old Chris Rock joke. It is meant to suggest that the guy is only as faithful as his options, meaning that if he is attractive, charismatic or successful in some way, the more women will be willing to sleep with him. Therefore, he is more likely to be faithful if he doesn't have that many options. No doubt there are some that buy into that theory, but certainly not all men.

What your example clearly illustrates is that her attractiveness has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with his character. Look at the way he treated and used her. His lack of respect and entitled attitude is a clear indicator of the type of person who would cheat.
I agree which is why I told her to not be down about him being engaged. She called me and you can hear in her vocie how she badly wanted to ask what was wrong with her and what she did wrong that she couldn’t be the one he proposed to and she May not see it now but his new fiancé is not in for a dream come true marriage or life with him. And no she isn’t better than my sister. The same thing he did to my sister it’s likely he’s Gonna do it to her he proved that by still messaging my sister while with her. just this time it’s gonna involve a divorce and possibly kids so she’s lucky it didn’t get to that point with her and she got out of it with no extra baggage.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,077,267 times
Quote:
I thought that meant if a guy comes across someone hotter than who he has he’ll most likely cheat?
It's not about hotter.
It's about novelty/variety.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:48 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,077,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett.O'Hara View Post
That's an old Chris Rock joke. It is meant to suggest that the guy is only as faithful as his options, meaning that if he is attractive, charismatic or successful in some way, the more women will be willing to sleep with him. Therefore, he is more likely to be faithful if he doesn't have that many options. No doubt there are some that buy into that theory, .
It's been studied and is the only independent variable that can predict a man's cheating: Opportunity

Does that mean every guy would? Hell, no. Men are not some giant group that shares the same brain and all acts alike.

But it is the only independent variable.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:56 PM

61,154 posts, read 85,977,665 times
Quote:
Why are you analyzing your sister love life or discuss it on a public forum? Its not nice, you know? Does she knows what you're doing? Don't you have your own life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships