Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:48 PM

990 posts, read 2,547,355 times

Advertisements

First, I am HUGE fan of ghosting.

In my years of going silent, I have never done an exit interview, had to explain to the police, or engaged
in heated discourse.

Therefor, to my mind, "ghosting" works amazingly well.

So, recently I found it necessary to discontinue a relationship with a young lady......

Against my better judgement and prior success, I simply told her that it would not be very likely that she would be hearing from me again..... The end.

Is this considered "ghosting" or not..... in as much as I told her my intention of disappearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 09:59 PM

270 posts, read 281,509 times
No

From my understanding, ghosting is when you don't communicate, you just straight up disappear.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:17 PM

999 posts, read 550,209 times
That's not ghosting, and it was good of you to tell her. Everyone should be like this. Ghosting someone is cruel. I give someone a reason even if I've never met in person and was only talking to them online. I think people deserve to know what they did to turn you off.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:24 AM

26,689 posts, read 41,605,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post

In my years of going silent, I have never done an exit interview, had to explain to the police, or engaged
in heated discourse.

So, recently I found it necessary to discontinue a relationship with a young lady......

Against my better judgement and prior success, I simply told her that it would not be very likely that she would be hearing from me again..... The end.

Is this considered "ghosting" or not..... in as much as I told her my intention of disappearing.
Nope, not ghosting. You gave her notice, ghosting doesn’t do that.

I disagree that people deserve to have an explanation of why your breaking it off with them. That just gets into awkward conversation and then begging for another chance crying making idiots out of themselves from my experience.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:33 AM

24,405 posts, read 9,271,111 times
Quote:
Not ghosting, just rude. You're coming across as an insecure person too scared to appropriately and maturely break off contact with someone. "I'm a HUGE fan of ghosting!"

A simple, "this isn't going to work but you're a nice person and will find a better match for you" works just fine.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:09 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,813,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
A simple, "this isn't going to work but you're a nice person and will find a better match for you" works just fine.

Right? How hard is it to be a half decent person?!?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:36 AM

1,199 posts, read 727,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Haha welcome to 2018.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:43 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,021,244 times
Quote:

in heated discourse.

How does your topic relate to police involvement?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 AM

71 posts, read 36,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You'd be surprised.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:51 AM

71 posts, read 36,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
How does your topic relate to police involvement?
I wonder this too, lol.

Just say "hey I don't think we're gonna work out." and it's done. How does that go to police involvement?

Or if you want to be polite
"Hey you're a sweet and nice girl and everything, and some day some guy is going to be very lucky to have you but I just don't feel that we are going to work out, I wish you the best"

Ghosting is for cowards, regardless of gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships