Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:34 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
When does that happen? Must be after ones 40s!
<snip>
I'm also not sure what grave consequences there are unless I play unsafely.
I'm 35, and it happened for me last year.

The consequences I was referring to are the laundry list of unexpected rules and requirements that get foisted upon you in a committed sexual relationship. Things like giving up your hobbies, being on guard 24/7, etc. Not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 10:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I'm 35, and it happened for me last year.

The consequences I was referring to are the laundry list of unexpected rules and requirements that get foisted upon you in a committed sexual relationship. Things like giving up your hobbies, being on guard 24/7, etc. Not worth it.

Huh, I didn't run into that, but I mostly dated people that shared my hobbies in my 30s. I don't know what you mean by being on guard.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:48 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
I don't know what you mean by being on guard.
It means being very careful not to get in the doghouse.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:52 AM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Huh, I didn't run into that, but I mostly dated people that shared my hobbies in my 30s. I don't know what you mean by being on guard.
*sigh*

Again.

Yeah, our dear friend MillennialUrbanist believes that as soon as you consent to be in a relationship with a woman, especially if you make the dire error of marrying one, she transforms into Sister Hitler Marie and sells all of your toys and hits your knuckles with a ruler if you suggest you want to go drink with your guy friends.

This is because his male friends who got married no longer hang out with him, and they have told them it is due to their dictatorial wives. There is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that this is an excuse, and they simply prefer to stay home rather than go out on the town with their old buddy Urbanist.

Also sitcoms.

No number of people who come along and tell him that this isn't how our relationships work, and we both happily do whatever the hell we want and neither of us prevents the other from having hobbies or being social or anything, will convince Millennial Urbanist, that being with a woman is anything other than some kind of a Al and Peggy Bundy situation.

That about sum it up?

Old 10-12-2018, 10:56 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
This is because his male friends who got married no longer hang out with him, and they have told them it is due to their dictatorial wives. There is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that this is an excuse, and they simply prefer to stay home rather than go out on the town with their old buddy Urbanist.
I don't even think that's what they've told him. He just assumes that no one could possibly be happy being in a relationship, so his friends not being as available to him must be the wives crushing the dudes' free will.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
*sigh*

Again.

Yeah, our dear friend MillennialUrbanist believes that as soon as you consent to be in a relationship with a woman, especially if you make the dire error of marrying one, she transforms into Sister Hitler Marie and sells all of your toys and hits your knuckles with a ruler if you suggest you want to go drink with your guy friends.

Also sitcoms.

No number of people who come along and tell him that this isn't how our relationships work, and we both happily do whatever the hell we want and neither of us prevents the other from having hobbies or being social or anything, will convince Millennial Urbanist, that being with a woman is anything other than some kind of a Al and Peggy Bundy situation.

That about sum it up?

Gotcha.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
THE DOGHOUSE IS A LIE.

THERE IS NO DOGHOUSE. THE DOGHOUSE EXISTS ONLY IN YOUR MIND.

Like spoons. Dude. Only for actual real.

Sell your TV. Make better friends. The world is not as you have perceived it.

Seriously was your Mom overbearing? Did she make you sleep in an actual dog house? I just can't imagine knowing enough people cowed by totally dominant women that this would even make sense to be afraid of.

Yet despite being argued out of it 100-million-bajillion times you just keep coming back to it. It's so...strange...

Old 10-12-2018, 11:29 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
If you keep a minibar in the dog house it's not that bad.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If you keep a minibar in the dog house it's not that bad.

Oh good call. Doghouse Taproom and Grille, here I come.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:14 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Why would this post get 10 pages!
I’m looking for pictures!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships