Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:07 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Have you ever taken dance lessons? I know from experience, that women love to dance with a man who for real knows what he's doing. My BIL is smooootttthhh on the dance floor. He's 78 yrs. old...and always has a partner if he wants to dance.
No lessons, but I remember how to do it from my earlier days. My muscles remembered how. I was in a good mood when I started this topic, having a good time dancing alone to Lady Gaga turned up on my sound system. It may take me a bit of an adjustment when I can find a partner but I think I'll do fine.

I'm not talking about ballroom dancing or line dancing or something. I mean sort of freestyle dancing to rock music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think dancing is fun, but I'm one of those dancers that needs several drinks before I can let loose and just have fun. lol
My "several drinks" days are over. I might have 1-2 particularly if there's a minimum. I wouldn't ever drink 3 because that's above my personal daily limit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 09:10 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Please understand that MY concept as I posted the OP was to take MY date clubbing.

This has NOTHING to do with meeting people. What I meant was as a means to increase the bonding of an existing relationship.

I think my date and I would be closer after an evening dancing at the club.

Again, I think of meeting anybody at a club is vanishingly small, practically no chance at all.
I understood you.

When was the last time you were in a club?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:29 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I like dancing but am repulsed by “clubbing “ primarily because of the people and demographic at clubs.
As a card carrying introvert, I never liked going to loud, crowded clubs for dancing, even when I was the right demographic for it. Dancing itself is fine, but not in that environment.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I hate techno unless I am drunk and it is 2am, and that doesn't happen anymore.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-11-2018, 10:17 AM

Me too. I would listen to the band online before deciding to attend. I really missed my opportunity to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, I think they appeared at the Whiskey. The Go Gos too.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:21 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Me too. I would listen to the band online before deciding to attend. I really missed my opportunity to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, I think they appeared at the Whiskey. The Go Gos too.
When I think of clubs I think of DJs and techno..... not bands. Might be a regional thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-11-2018, 10:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I think of clubs I think of DJs and techno..... not bands. Might be a regional thing.
Exactly. The venue matters.

Nashville has an incredible live music scene, but not every place is designed for dancing, and you don't want to go to a show expecting to cut a rug only to be shushed and shunned by the people around you.

The demographics for various clubs also vary, and it's easier to let loose and dance when you feel comfortable in your environment.

A meet-up where everyone is wanting to dance might be the best bet for a couple who want the same because it eliminates the guesswork.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:26 AM

399 posts, read 220,989 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about ballroom dancing or line dancing or something. I mean sort of freestyle dancing to rock music.

I can't speak for LA, but every time I've gone dancing in the bay area at dancing venues, the music genres were a mix of pop, hip hop/rap, and/or EDM.

I'll grant you that an occasional rock song can happen, but it hasn't been my experience that a large fraction of the music is ever rock.

And btw, I've certainly gone dancing with girls at lounges before. It's a little more toned down version of a club with a slightly higher ability to communicate. Higher emphasis on drinks though.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Lovehound knows what he’s talking about. LA has everything, especially Hollywood.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
I can't speak for LA, but every time I've gone dancing in the bay area at dancing venues, the music genres were a mix of pop, hip hop/rap, and/or EDM.
My answer was too short, I'd love all of the above, except I don't know what EDM is.

I really love the turn pop has taken in recent years, with the influx of hip hop and rap elements. Ya gotta admit the tune I referenced in the OP (Maroon 5 feat Cardi B, "Girls Like You"), Cardi B has a fantastic rap segment which was her feature. I loved Cardi B so much I've now got 3 of her albums. (I think she has only 3 albums). I laugh at myself, used to say I'd never like hip hop or rap. These days I like them both, although not extreme of either. J-Lo is doing some great music these days too, "Dinero, feat DJ Khaled." In fact now I like DJ Khaled! That dude is majorly kewl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
And btw, I've certainly gone dancing with girls at lounges before. It's a little more toned down version of a club with a slightly higher ability to communicate. Higher emphasis on drinks though.
Maybe that's what I need then.

I recently (Mar. 11) attended a concert at a venue in Hollywood (ZZ Ward @ Ford Theater) and was surprised that almost nobody was dancing. There was plenty of empty floor (the entire ground floor is standing room only). I discovered my Vietnamese beauty date knew nothing about dancing, or even blues rock. That' my major problem with her, our cultural differences will probably always keep us from getting any closer. I gave her the CD for the concert weeks earlier; evidently she never listened to the CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships