U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:08 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,548 posts, read 14,044,894 times

Advertisements

I keep coming back to this, the bete noir of my salad days, that I was too shy for dancing, although I did it a few times but felt awkward. Upon retrospect I realize it wasn't my dancing skills, it was my youthful introversion that was the problem. I learned the moves but I didn't follow through. I totally killed my social anxiety a few years ago. Now I want to dance!

Upon a regular basis depending on my mood my spirits sometimes kick up and I find myself dancing with my reflection in my darkened patio door (like tonight). I also play YouTube videos and I emulate the dancing I see there, particularly this one by Maroon 5, "Girls Like You, feat: Cardi B":

https://youtu.be/aJOTlE1K90k

Tonight my spirits kicked up again and I was listening to Lady Gaga "Fame Monster" as I cleaned up my after dinner mess. I had a totally kick arse time dancing and wished I had a woman here to mirror my moves.

I believe that incrementing sexual attraction can be connected to taking your lady (or man) clubbing and dancing. My theory is that one major aspect of dancing is that it is very strenuous physical activity, and that each person is demonstrating their fitness by being able to exercise so hard. The weaklings wear out and go back to their tables. (This is why you can burn off so much alcohol as long as you keep dancing.)

Another element of my theory is that there is (of course) a sexual component of dancing that can be regarded as a precursor to future sexual performance. The theory is that if you dance well together it's a sign you can ... like birds of a feather, flock together.

Meanwhile I'm adjusting my OLD profile to indicate that I prefer women who like and want to go clubbing with me. I wanna see the best bands and make my moves on the dance floor!

Besides, my personal list of most physically strenuous activities are: 1.) skiing, 2.) dancing, 3.) working out at my gym, and 4.) ... well you can guess #4.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 10:15 PM

27,486 posts, read 17,629,902 times
While dancing can be very sensual and a form of foreplay, I never enjoyed clubs for dates. It's loud, you can't really talk, it's pretty much just good for shots and dancing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 10-10-2018, 10:31 PM

13,487 posts, read 11,027,157 times
I enjoyed clubbing throughout High School and College, but I would probably look out of place in a club today, Lol. Clubbing for me back in the days wasn't about dancing at all, but socializing.

Ive never thought of dancing to be too strenuous, especially when the dance floor is jam-packed. The only move a guy can really do is fist-pump while the women is bumping&grinding on you, Lol.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:31 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
I was thinking of an "after several" dates, not as a first date.

I'm still listening to Lady Gaga "Fame Monster" and dancing sorta as I sit here on my roost in my den.

My OP refers to dancing as a means for bonding with your man or woman. Thus the CD-Relationship section for this post. It's all about bonding for a better relationship.

It's no hay problema with her dancing with other men, and I hope she won't mind me dancing with other women. The only thing that counts is who you go home with.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:18 PM

27,486 posts, read 17,629,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The only move a guy can really do is fist-pump while the women is bumping&grinding on you, Lol.
That's pretty much what I remember.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 10-10-2018, 11:39 PM

13,731 posts, read 16,266,473 times
I like dancing and it’s fun and can be hot with the right person. I don’t know about clubbing at my age though.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
I enjoyed clubbing throughout High School and College, but I would probably look out of place in a club today, Lol. Clubbing for me back in the days wasn't about dancing at all, but socializing.

Ive never thought of dancing to be too strenuous, especially when the dance floor is jam-packed. The only move a guy can really do is fist-pump while the women is bumping&grinding on you, Lol.
I effed up by not going to your high school, Pineapple!

Old 10-11-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I like dancing and it’s fun and can be hot with the right person. I don’t know about clubbing at my age though.
I want to find out.

I was shy in my 20s-30s. I fixed that. I guess I'm a late bloomer. I want it now what I missed then. My life won't be complete until I take my lady dancing at Whiskey a Go Go. Fortunately I live less than an hour's drive away.

Where ya at srjth? Fly out to LA and I'll take ya clubbing!

(Just clubbing. No social contract implied nor intended.)

Old 10-11-2018, 12:43 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,183,522 times
Quote:

Why would you look out of place... you don’t look nearly your age.
( jk my friend)

Old 10-11-2018, 01:09 AM

199 posts, read 44,285 times
I suppose I'm a little shy in the club environment, but it's mainly because I find conversation in noisy environments to be rather difficult - and I do far better with women if I can talk. I consider myself fairly average looks-wise (I don't lift) so I don't generally attract people just by being present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or