Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM

271 posts, read 157,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He was probably eating.
So many people text whilst eating

Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
So you think it's a possibility? He met somebody.else or had a fling or what?? Cause my gut instinct is SCREAMING this and I know it's ridiculous for me to be assuming things. Its probably just my insecurity.why did he blow our conversation off tonight when he was at a restaurant??? Was he alone???
Of course it's a possibility.

He also could be busy, he could be eating, he could be sick, he could be in transit, or he could be glad to be away from your smothering neediness.

Please get help.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Of course it's a possibility.

He also could be busy, he could be eating, he could be sick, he could be in transit, or he could be glad to be away from your smothering neediness.

Please get help.
Well he didn't respond for 4 hours after eating in the restaurant

Old 10-15-2018, 03:31 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:

I had very mixed feelings about my boyfriend going backpacking (I was very apprehensive about the whole thing as I felt that he was under-prepared and had been very impulsive about booking the trip). Quite honestly, I really didn't want him to go, I was so worried about missing him and I'm also unemployed at the moment so it is not the best time for him to leave me by myself. However, I let my boyfriend go as I wanted him to do something for himself and I would never want to get in the way of him doing something that he really wants to do. It was very difficult to say goodbye on the day that he was leaving, I was in tears for the whole day and also a few times during the days leading up to him leaving for his flight.

I'm really not asking for much. I just want to be reassured and to at least know that he is thinking of me and that he is having a good time. Instead, I feel like I don't exist, I feel like he's completely forgotten about me. Maybe he is having a great time and he is busy doing and seeing lots of things, but still did I never really mean anything to him then??

As he's on holiday... I'm sure that he has plenty of spare time when he could at least send me a message or make some effort to communicate with me (what about downtime in the hostels he's staying at, what about when he's in bed or sitting down at a cafe, bar or restaurant?) I don't want to disrupt his holiday and I'm not even asking him to message me every day or to even get into any detail about what he is doing as I want him to have his freedom and I don't want him to feel like I'm tieing him down or demanding things, however at the very least I would like at least like to know that he still thinks of me... I would be more than pleased if he just sent me a short and simple message every couple of days... it could be a simple "love you" or he could just wish me a nice day. Anything would be better than nothing.

He knows that I've been quite down recently (before he left) and that I can get anxious and worry about things. On top of that I'm unemployed and I've been job hunting for the past two months, I've been having a really rough time. He knows that I didn't want him to go, but I let him because I knew that he deserved to do something for himself and I knew that he would regret it if he didn't go. Why would he do something as drastic as going backpacking alone around Asia and leave me hanging like this? Leave me feeling so insecure and upset.
Quote:
But he HASNT made any effort to reassure me. If he wanted to do such a big drastic thing like to backpacking alone in Asia for a month... then he needs to reassure me by keeping in touch. He needs to be mature and communicate with me. How can he feel he has the right to do something like this for himself and then not keep in touch with me? Is that okay??? Ihonestly don't feel like I really trust him as he's not keeping in touch and often just ignoring my messages or disappearing from conversations. I want him to have a good time and enjoy the moment of course, I've already mentioned that in my original post, why is he just not making any effort to keep in touch with me? He could take 30 seconds to message me once every 3 days and that would be enough. He could message me from his bed, at a cafe, bar or restaurant, when he's on a bus or public transport, I'm sure he has PLENTY of downtime and it's like he just can't even think of me. Trust me he's probably the one having a good time...hell be Meeting lots of new people, seeing and experiencing new things, travelling from place to place.... I'm the one upset and missing him at home so why couldn't he consider me in even the smallest way?????
You are a total mess. That's why he isn't contacting you. Yes, it is inconsiderate not to check in, BUT, you sound very annoying and if I was him I wouldn't contact you at all. You are too much drama and he probably had to get out. A good guy who is in a healthy relationship would probably check in with you regularly. HOWEVER, you are so dramatic, I don't blame him for minimizing contact. I am surprised he hasn't dumped you yet. I am getting mentally exhausted just by reading your dramatic posts.

You want him to have his freedom but he can't do anything. Sooo....??
You are unemployed so this is not a good time for him to leave? ... Because ...?
You don't want to tie him down but you do tie him down...???

Grow up.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You are a total mess. That's why he isn't contacting you. Yes, it is inconsiderate not to check in, BUT, you sound very annoying and if I was him I wouldn't contact you at all. You are too much drama and he probably had to get out. A good guy who is in a healthy relationship would probably check in with you regularly. HOWEVER, you are so dramatic, I don't blame him for minimizing contact. I am surprised he hasn't dumped you yet. I am getting mentally exhausted just by reading your dramatic posts.

You want him to have his freedom but he can't do anything. Sooo....??
You are unemployed so this is not a good time for him to leave? ... Because ...?
You don't want to tie him down but you do tie him down...???

Grow up.

How did I tie him down?

What can't he do?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
What can't he do?
He can't eat a meal and go out on the town in a foreign country for four hours without you freaking out and keeping track of how long it's been since he contacted you.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
No that is not the reason he went...he went for the scenery culture and experience

People do go the Vietnam for these reasons. That and it's cheap. And a nice getaway....(ahem)

Old 10-15-2018, 03:37 PM

553 posts, read 302,393 times
Quote:
How did I tie him down?

What can't he do?
Enjoy himself without you texting and getting upset?

WOW.

Go find a therapist!!!!!

Old 10-15-2018, 03:41 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
I predict he breaks up when he returns, and I can't say I wouldn't do the same.

BTW--why didn't you use his absence to find a new job instead of focusing on how angry, hurt and resentful you are?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:41 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
No that is not the reason he went...he went for the scenery culture and experience
Whatever hes doing, you have no control over it. So just relax! watch a movie or go out with friends - keep yourself busy while hes away. No need to get all insecure at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships