Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 AM

525 posts, read 1,554,680 times

Advertisements

I found out from other sources that she is still friends with him. I don't care, its just that I don't get why she has to lie to me about it. The guy is a drug addict and doesn't really have a stable job. Her parents wants him out of their daughter's life.

My friend had called off the wedding last summer, still has the wedding dress and wears her engagement ring.

Id confronted her about it once and she lied about it. The guy, after they had broken up, I was helping him financially until I realized his stories weren't adding up. Then I told him that I was done with him. Not sure if he's still a drug addict and wouldn't be surprised if he's still one. Her ex-fiance told me that he wasn't using anymore when I was hanging out with him

I happened to run into the guy when he was around my friend. I can tell she still has feelings for him. Since the 2 of them had split from the engagement, my friend n I haven't talked much. She doesn't answer the phone or texts very often. Her ex doesn't like me anymore bc I finally put my foot down that I wasn't giving him any more money. I have to wonder if he's playing guilt tactics with her. Because he sort of did that to me when I didn't want to help him out anymore. Funny how people disappear when you stop giving them money.

There are a couple kids involved though they didn't have any kids together. My friend has a kid who thinks he's the "real" dad. The kid has no contact with the bio dad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Time to find a new friend... you can't help everyone, especially people who don't want your help... its time to move on... if she wants to go down in flames, there is nothing you can do to stop her... sometimes people have to make their own mistakes to learn from them... if she is lying about it, its because she doesn't want you to be involved...

Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
I think the weird part of this story is you giving your friend's ex financial support...

Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,247 times
Your friend probably thought you were more then friends with her ex because you were giving him financial support. I'd say she probably will go back with him and she doesn't want to hear a lecture from you or anyone else about it.

On that note, I would distance myself from both of them and not worry about what they're doing in their lives. Get more stable and drama-free friends.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think the weird part of this story is you giving your friend's ex financial support...

When they were together, it was only a handful of times. It was more frequent when they split because he didn't have her for financial support since he really didn't have a stable job. They were having financial issues and thought I'd help.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:51 PM

Old 03-27-2011, 05:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Because she's still banging him on the sly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships