Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 11:13 AM

603 posts, read 445,312 times

Advertisements

As another poster stated it's time to get your monetary affairs in order.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 11:19 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,514,935 times
You can do better. Time to move on.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:01 PM

147 posts, read 90,909 times
My kids have grown up together and they love each other. My son will be devastated if his stepsister moves out.
No common law in my state.
My relationship with him has been mostly very good. We are great as a blended family. He knows that.
He has gotten a lot of insults from me the last few months.
Yeah, I just need to accept it. The worst is over, I already told him that sleeping on the couch is not going to fly.

My first marriage (9 years) ended but I knew why it was ending and why it needed to happen. This I just have no idea why it happened or even how. Its not something i saw coming at all.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
He's not the brightest bulb in the pack is he.

YOUR house, NOT married, and he wants to play these emotional games with you? Kick.Him.OUT.
He knows how much I love his daughter.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tamale View Post
Sounds like he's having an emotional relationship with someone online and you are the odd person out. If neither of you can't afford your own place make the best of it until you can. He's definitely not into you.

There's not a whole lot you can do if they don't love you.

Question: How was the sex after begging? Curious minds want to know.

Steve Tamale
Sex was great. He was much into pleasing me.
I had to be the one that initiated most of the time but this year, he has been saying he doesn't have desire. So the begging has only been this year.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
How about an adult conversation about that your sexual, intimacy, and bonding needs aren’t being met. You shouldn’t have to beg for any of the above. But have you also had a clear discussion on what you want with him or are you just opening up to us?

75% of the problems posted on this forum could be solved or worked through with effective communication.

The I’m tired or stressed excuse is bs, sure that might work for a night or two maybe even a week but not for extended periods of time.
I have not had a real adult conversation. The day it happened I asked him a TON of questions. He answered them all to the point where it left me satisfied its online only. I can be very detailed when I need to. There was no fighting that day.

The problem came later. I was so angry and he pretty much refused to deal with that side of me ( the aftermath). He would just cut me off and say he is moving out. I tried for a while to let it go but anger got the best of me. Lots of insults coming from my end.
I told him it was up to him to fix this, and he pretty much didn't.

One day he said he wasn't moving out but the insults kept coming. Not from him though, he is just cold to me when I get angry.

I don't know if that changes the end story but it's more of how I have been dealing with it.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:20 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
How old are the kids? It is great that you can see beyond the relationship and think of them. Are they almost adults?

You may be right that it would hurt them a lot. Yet, your life and happiness is just as important. Maybe, if they are soon to be grown, you could stick it out until they are old enough. BUT, if you're talking years, to me it would be degrading to be essentially used by a person, for that is what it appears is happening.

You say it would be hard for you financially also. I know from my experience in being laid off, it is amazing how frugally you can live when you have to. Look at the cd forum on being frugal, in the financial section. Tons of good ideas from different folks.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:21 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Your kids will survive. They’re not stupid. They probably know what’s going on.

Stop insulting him. That’s wrong on every level. Apologize sincerely and change your behavior. If he wants to sleep on the sofa, let him. I can’t imagine being forced to sleep next to someone who is constantly harassing me for sex. Gee whiz!

Since he no longer desires you and you’re not satisfied, then let him move out. Give him a reasonable timeline. He can solve his own problems elsewhere.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:29 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Why is no one suggesting couples counseling? You are not really having honest communication so, you really don’t know why he is behaving the way he is. I would give an ultimatum, he agrees to couples counseling or, he is out of the house in 90 days, then stick to it. If he is at all invested in the relationship he will agree to therapy. If not, you know you at least tried.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:36 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
So you've made up your mind, and you're going to let him stick around. And now you're willing to take the blame for his misbehavior.

I imagine he's always known this about you. What else is there to say about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships