Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 04:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
Have you considered for a moment how rotten this is to do to his unsuspecting girlfriend?

Do you honestly not realize all he wants from you is an easy piece?

Did he take the girlfriend to Paris instead of you, as he promised?
no he went on his own but we weren’t talking around the time he went. I didn’t go to Paris

it is a bad thing to do and I feel horrible about it. i wish we could just be friends but with him he wants the physical stuff too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 04:03 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
what everyone in his life would think of me basically. this all came out after a fight. I had a feeling. Thought it was weird i was so important to him but never really met any body in his life.
you are better than that. You deserve a guy who loves you and supports you and isn't ashamed of being with you.

Have some pride and kick that piece of sh*t to the curb.

No matter who you are and what you are and what you aren't or what you didn't achieve - you shouldn't be with someone who treats you like that. There is someone better for you out there.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:07 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
no he went on his own but we weren’t talking around the time he went. I didn’t go to Paris

it is a bad thing to do and I feel horrible about it. i wish we could just be friends but with him he wants the physical stuff too.
Of course he wants the physical stuff; that's ALL he wants from you and God knows how many others.

Do you not get that? That he cares nothing for you except as a low cost, low effort hookup?

You posted awhile ago that he was making you do things that you weren't comfortable with; maybe the woman he cares enough for to call a girlfriend refuses to indulge him in that area.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:07 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
Quote:

He emotionally manipulate you! Why would you even want to be friends with him?

Count yourself lucky things didn't work out. He stringed you along the whole time with talks about love and marriage.

You'll be ok, just pick yourself up, do something for yourself that makes you feel good, and don't look back.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
you are better than that. You deserve a guy who loves you and supports you and isn't ashamed of being with you.

Have some pride and kick that piece of sh*t to the curb.

No matter who you are and what you are and what you aren't or what you didn't achieve - you shouldn't be with someone who treats you like that. There is someone better for you out there.
I wish I could find someone who liked me for me but I tend to date guys who pick me apart or who point out my flaws. I am a good person and everything but i have flaws like anybody. can’t get a guy to commit so I gave up
On that. I actually do like the FWB situation but this just went badly. Just sucks bc I do love him and I shared things with him

Old 10-22-2018, 04:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
what everyone in his life would think of me basically. this all came out after a fight. I had a feeling. Thought it was weird i was so important to him but never really met any body in his life.
He's an a-hole. This says volumes about him.

Don't make dumb decisions and continue to see him. Seriously, you are setting yourself up for pain if you don't block his number. Being lonely is no reason to let someone use you.

I don't know how you could even actually have sex with him after the things he has said to you.

Please have some dignity and stop talking to him.

Quote:
On that. I actually do like the FWB situation but this just went badly. Just sucks bc I do love him and I shared things with him
That's not a FWB. That's a one-sided relationship.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I wish I could find someone who liked me for me but I tend to date guys who pick me apart or who point out my flaws. I am a good person and everything but i have flaws like anybody. can’t get a guy to commit so I gave up
You can find someone. You know the red flags now. A guy should not have a single bad thing to say about your or to suggest to you to improve yourself while you are dating. As soon as they start saying something like that, move on. Those guys don't even make good FWB people. Hearing stuff like that will start going to your head.

If you are truly serious about finding someone for the long term, do not sleep with them until they commit to you. It will weed out the ones who aren't serious real quick.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
Of course he wants the physical stuff; that's ALL he wants from you and God knows how many others.

Do you not get that? That he cares nothing for you except as a low cost, low effort hookup?

You posted awhile ago that he was making you do things that you weren't comfortable with; maybe the woman he cares enough for to call a girlfriend refuses to indulge him in that area.
yeah it used to be special but now it just feels wrong. No connection. yes that’s part of what it is. Never should have done any of that. Ita hard to come up with reasons why not when you have already done it before.

before I felt like he cared about me. he made me feel like he did. im just depressed about all of it.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I don't think you can truly have a FWB situation with someone you love. It just doesn't make sense. You love him and you're having sex, yes you are going to get attached. Just learn from this and move on. Don't talk to him again, you don't even owe him an explanation of any thing or any good bye or anything like that.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:19 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
yeah it used to be special but now it just feels wrong. No connection. yes that’s part of what it is. Never should have done any of that. Ita hard to come up with reasons why not when you have already done it before.

before I felt like he cared about me. he made me feel like he did. im just depressed about all of it.
He sounds revolting. Pressuring you into acts with which you weren't really OK is despicable. He used your desperate situation and naivete to manipulate you.

He never cared, this I can assure you. A man who cares would do none of what he did; rather, the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships