Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 04:24 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
Ya at first I thought it was a fwb situation, but after reading the op’s reply I realized it’s more like a business transaction. The guy virtually pays her to have sex. She got money from having sex with the guy, so the guy probably feel a clear conscience. It’s naive of the op to even expect anything meaningful from this “relationship”. You’re not equal footed from the get go.
Ok well to be fair it didn’t start out that way. for most of our relationship he did pay for dates but later on he did give me money from time to time. not all the time. People don’t believe me but I have always been super independent paid my own bills, everything all by myself. of course growing up I did eat from food stamps and everything but once I got a job and became an adult I have always paid my own way. this is just a situation that got way in over my head. once I accepted the money the relationship went bad quick bc it made me feel like I had to do certain things. the relationship became cold once I didn’t want to do certain things anymore. Not bc of the money but because of other reasons that I cant talk about. we broke up right after we talked about moving into together and right after i moved to a new motel. Then later he contacted me again he was sorry about his actions but once we saw each other he said he had a girlfriend and only wanted me on the side w/ money involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 04:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Basically it wasn’t me he likes, it was the physical stuff. which makes me feel like crap. just wish he hadnt of lies about it. I just feel bad about myself and everything.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:30 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
Ok well to be fair it didn’t start out that way. for most of our relationship he did pay for dates but later on he did give me money from time to time. not all the time. People don’t believe me but I have always been super independent paid my own bills, everything all by myself. of course growing up I did eat from food stamps and everything but once I got a job and became an adult I have always paid my own way. this is just a situation that got way in over my head. once I accepted the money the relationship went bad quick bc it made me feel like I had to do certain things. the relationship became cold once I didn’t want to do certain things anymore. Not bc of the money but because of other reasons that I cant talk about. we broke up right after we talked about moving into together and right after i moved to a new motel. Then later he contacted me again he was sorry about his actions but once we saw each other he said he had a girlfriend and only wanted me on the side w/ money involved.

Pretty sure it was never a "relationship" on his part and his "girlfriend" is probably his wife...and well he's a perv.

Moving in together? Was this before or after he sold you the whole "off to Paris!" BS?

You need to get out of a motel. It's costing you more in the long run.

And no more guys. Zero. None. Until you have your life in order and then...wait another year.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:30 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
Basically it wasn’t me he likes, it was the physical stuff. which makes me feel like crap. just wish he hadnt of lies about it. I just feel bad about myself and everything.
Don't give him that much control over your head space. You decide what you are worth. No one else.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:35 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Don't give him that much control over your head space. You decide what you are worth. No one else.
I agree.

Just use it as a learning experience, please.

You went in KNOWING it wasn't for you. You chose to be a party to this, because so many of us warned you not to do it before it got too involved.

So what you are doing is experiencing the natural consequences of a bad decision.

The best way to feel good about yourself is to remember this feeling and use it to remind yourself that you do not want to feel that way ever again. It will help you make better decisions from now on.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:44 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This wasn't an FWB, this was a older man paying a very young, uneducated and naive person to have kinky sex with him. Person was warned by dozens of posters not to let it continue or she would get hurt and end up on the street. Which of course happened. Again.
It's not really fair to characterize her as a hooker. She thought it was a FWB situation with a generous guy. He may have viewed it differently, but she wasn't intending to sell herself.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's not really fair to characterize her as a hooker. She thought it was a FWB situation with a generous guy. He may have viewed it differently, but she wasn't intending to sell herself.

I wasn't characterizing anything. You put the label on. My statement was purely factual. What's unfair about that? Read back and see how many times she was warned against exactly what happened. This story unfolded like a soap opera, with everyone shouting "stop!" right before the cliffhanger.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
This wasn't an FWB, this was a older man paying a very young, uneducated and naive person to have kinky sex with him. Person was warned by dozens of posters not to let it continue or she would get hurt and end up on the street. Which of course happened. Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

Quote:
I wasn't characterizing anything. You put the label on. My statement was purely factual. What's unfair about that? Read back and see how many times she was warned against exactly what happened. This story unfolded like a soap opera, with everyone shouting "stop!" right before the cliffhanger.
I've read the older discussions, and I agree it unfolded like a soap opera. I was referring to the following statement:

"this was a older man paying a very young, uneducated and naive person to have kinky sex with him"

My understanding is that they were in a relationship (FWB?) and he was helping her with her rent. At some point, he started requesting some sexual stuff she wasn't very comfortable with. She went along with it because she didn't want to upset him and risk losing his financial help.

I'm not going to say your statement is inaccurate, but I think it unfairly paints an inaccurate picture.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:21 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times
If a guy you’re sleeping with says he doesn’t want a relationship, it means he doesn’t want a relationship with you

Old 10-26-2018, 04:16 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Well, the good news is you’re older and wiser. You’re better off than you were before. In your next relationship, you will know not to accept being second best.

The sadness will wear off in time. Till then, take very good care of yourself so you’ll be healthy and happier before the next guy rolls in.

Everyone here is rooting for you.

I read through the entire thread--I think this is the best response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships