Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:05 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post
I’ve been having emotional break since yesterday, I cried today for first time in months.

Basically this week my ex has been contacting me, just checking in, telling me he misses, He wants to see me.
He said he wants us reconnect.

I told him out right that we are done and just goodbye to me, he said why do you want me to say goodbye I am not going anywhere. I said I thought we understood we are over. He says “yes but we can still talk” I said “what is there to talk about”
. He said in sulking way “fine, I see you don’t want that, it’s clear to me now, we don’t have to talk anymore, take care”

Although, I stayed firm in insisting we were over, my heart was breaking.
I’ve missed him so much.
I know I’ve been distracting myself with the new guy, but when I am with the new guy all I think about is him, even when he kisses, I imagine and wishes it was him.
Even when are watching a movie together, I wish it was him and let’s not even mention the bedroom.

I cried so much today, knowing it was the last time he will try to contact me. I told him I never want to talk to him and there is no point. But I do want to talk him, I know what he did was wrong and horrible (but he doesn’t know I know he was going behind my back.

He even had the audacity to say to me, he wasn’t seeing anyone else while we were together when I didn’t even mention him seeing anyone else. I think that was his guilty conscious talking out loud.

Sometime, I feel just seeing him just one last time.

I know me reaching out to him would be Self-destructive but I am scared I will end up reaching out to him.
Talk some sense into me people
The first thing I thought of was that I feel bad for your new BF/partner/guy you’re dating. You wishing he was something else is not fair to him and is the equivalent to cheating (indirectly). I would take a long look in the mirror and break it off with the new guy if that’s how you truly feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 10:28 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I think it helps to remember you are mourning/sad about the loss of who you thought he was, not who he actually turned out to be.

Keep that in mind when you want to give in. The person you were in love with, doesn't really exist, so going back to him will not solve your broken heart (or talking to him, or anything, involving him).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2018, 10:30 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfl_native View Post
the first thing i thought of was that i feel bad for your new bf/partner/guy you’re dating. You wishing he was something else is not fair to him and is the equivalent to cheating (indirectly). I would take a long look in the mirror and break it off with the new guy if that’s how you truly feel.
+1.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:39 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
I’ve tried deleting his number today but I stop.
I don’t know but it just feel cruel thing to do to someone and the thought of never hearing from him it’s just too hard to bear.

The new guy, he is sweet but I don’t see it going anywhere and I think it will just fizzle out soon.
Dont wait for it to fizzle out with the new guy. I suspect youre doing this to avoid being alone. This behavior is basically as bad as your ex by hanging with this new guy thinking about your ex. Its not fair to new guy and is insanely cruel. End it now so you can reset.

BTW you dont have to delete his number, you can just put "BIG FAT CHEATER" as the name and it will remind you. You will have to block him at some point.

Remember, in a year from now you will wonder what you saw in him, try to think of it that way.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:19 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,489 times
Don't reach out to your ex and stop seeing this new guy just because you're trying to get over your ex.It's not fair to this new guy.Just keep crying your heart out because it will get better as each day goes by.It takes time to heal from your hurt which you're still doing.Block the ex's number.Yes it hurts BUT it will hurt more and longer IF you go back to the jerk.Stay busy doing things with friends if you can.Try to stay very busy.In time things will get better for you.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
I agree with stop seeing the current guy. It's not fair to him and it's not really what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think it helps to remember you are mourning/sad about the loss of who you thought he was, not who he actually turned out to be.

Keep that in mind when you want to give in. The person you were in love with, doesn't really exist, so going back to him will not solve your broken heart (or talking to him, or anything, involving him).
This is a GREAT reminder.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:41 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
The first thing I thought of was that I feel bad for your new BF/partner/guy you’re dating. You wishing he was something else is not fair to him and is the equivalent to cheating (indirectly). I would take a long look in the mirror and break it off with the new guy if that’s how you truly feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I agree with stop seeing the current guy. It's not fair to him and it's not really what you want.
I think you should stop dating for a while and reevaluate your past relationships and why they failed. Stop jumping from one bad relationship to immediately seeking other guys. Take a break. Refocus. Set values and goals. Learn to be more selective. Learn to let it go and be less desperate.
You don't NEED to be in a relationship all the time.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:28 AM

212 posts, read 148,374 times
Hiya everyone, thanks for your advice, I am reading each reply and yes I agree probably I shouldn’t be dating at the moment. At the same time I don’t want give this guy so much power that I stop living my life including seeing someone else.
But yes he not great replacement and please don’t feel sorry for him because I am sure he is not super loyal to me either, just today I checked his Instagram, where he was liking random women’s pictures (half nake)yucky.

He is not my bf/Partner, I know I got carried away the beginning with him but I was just Curious and now I am no longer that bother. Although I do enjoy his company and he seem to do too but nothing major.

Update regarding the “ex” he messaged me today, pretending as if nothing happened, I think he knows how hard this is on me so is playing mind games.
The funny thing, he is not in the country, he is in America now, a trip With all his friends LA, he looks having the time of his life.
And yesterday he send something random, I think he is playing mind games with me so I am gonna ignore him, I haven’t reply yesterday or today. Maybe I will built up the courage to block him one day.

Yes you guys are right I will get over him one day but I know it will take time. I keep telling myself I git over 7 years relationship I can get over this. Although with my 7 years relationship we had mature break up where he said goodbye to me properly.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:37 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
I don’t want give this guy so much power that I stop living my life including seeing someone else.
Dating a guy you're not really into proves nothing, and your taking a break from dating has nothing to do with your ex, really. It's not giving him ANY power.

It would be taking power for yourself and analyzing why you stayed and why you say you STILL cannot block your ex, even though he is messing with your head big time. It's so wrong, yet for some reason you're so willing to just let it continue.

Watching his online activity is just like picking a scab ... you're only dragging out the healing process.

Quote:
And yesterday he send something random, I think he is playing mind games with me so I am gonna ignore him, I haven’t reply yesterday or today. Maybe I will built up the courage to block him one day.
Today would be great. But whatever. Maybe ignoring him IS giving you strength, IDK. It's crazy to me, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships