Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 06:27 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

At the end of the day, the more you say all the things you don't like about him and all his bad traits just reflects poorly on you.

You chose him, you married him, and you choose to stay with him. Has he turned into a completely different person since you met him? I mean it does happen, but usually it's essentially the same person, and the other one just gets tired of it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 06:36 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
Right but I’m 44. The pickings are slim as you get older.
Girl.
Being alone beats being a doormat.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:28 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,789 times
The computer games can be a real problem. I myself have played them and it causes issues. Try to get him away from them by giving him better things to do. Maybe some DVD nights and let him pick, or play a board game, go to church, etc.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:35 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,789 times
I'd be careful just divorcing the guy. You didn't say if he was cheating on you. Biblically, that's the only reason to divorce, not being grumpy. I wonder what he's grumpy about. Start praying to God to bring you closer if that is what you want.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:52 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I like the topic question .
Easy answer. He'd be classified as: your husband.
How you define what his role is ...is yours. Not anyone else's. Okay ..actually he gets to define his role.

Hopefully, he'll soon be classified as a Wasband. Man, I hate guys who don't do their part in a marriage.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:00 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
My official diagnosis is he is a POS.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:07 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
My official diagnosis is he is a POS.
That's fine.

But has he always been who he is?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-26-2018, 08:30 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
The computer games can be a real problem. I myself have played them and it causes issues. Try to get him away from them by giving him better things to do. Maybe some DVD nights and let him pick, or play a board game, go to church, etc.
Giving him better things to do? SOunds like he's the child...give him chores to do.

It's sad but many end up with the wrong partners and many can be better off without.

And I'm wagering the tech world has put a greater divide between people. I escaped that but the marriage still didn't make it.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:50 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Girl.
Being alone beats being a doormat.
I’m 41 and am much happier being single than being married and miserable. I fail to see the benefit of being married just to be married.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:02 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I say it a lot...the only person you can change is you. You are in a lonely marriage. I suggest you make yourself unlonely.
I sort of wonder if the OP has unintentionally trained him to be even less involved with their marriage than he was to begin with. By not being "present" as something that needs his attention, keeping out of his line of sight emotionally, not asking anything of him, waiting on him, doing what he wants without question or discussion, staying pretty private or self sufficient about your own troubles, he has even less reason to care. He may feel you don't need him either. There's nothing to work on and not much reason to bother. That habit of thinking took a long time to develop and it will take a long time to change if it ever does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships