Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 05:25 PM

108 posts, read 67,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So the business didn't close after all?
I really wish I knew what the Hell you’re talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 05:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
OP, you say you just never see her again, that's the only way to deal with it, and you don't want to pursue other sitting jobs besides call centers, so the answer is clear. You'll have to stay at your current job.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEffedUpBad View Post
I really wish I knew what the Hell you’re talking about.
Are you forgetting the details of this saga you're weaving, from your other thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEffedUpBad View Post
[*]At the end of July, our call center closed down. I got laid off, and she got transferred to another site within the same company.
So is this potential new job at the NEW call center location? The one you made the rude remark about when she offered to get you a job there?

Old 10-27-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

So is this potential new job at the NEW call center location? The one you made the rude remark about when she offered to get you a job there?
Yes.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:12 PM

497 posts, read 422,820 times
She used you. Whether she knew or not at the very beginning and went forward with that.

You need to focus on getting a job so that you personally feel valued. Join those free clubs/meet-up, have a regular routine and find ways to earn an income.

You need to think about how to support yourself at retirement and such.

All the best!

Old 10-27-2018, 06:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Forget about her.

You're at work to do a job and make money, not date.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:56 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
You're assuming this call center will hire you, which is a bit of stretch to start with.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:59 PM

1,279 posts, read 853,049 times
Get the new job where she works and if she does anything to you, report her to HR for sexual harassment, if she does that.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
You're assuming this call center will hire you, which is a bit of stretch to start with.
Getting hired shouldn’t be a problem unless she tries to prevent it.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:53 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanttocamp View Post
I want to say I am so sorry you had to deal with such cruelty towards you.

That said, I think given your disability and chances of finding another line of work is so difficult, I would take the job. It seems like you are able to ignore her. Keep doing that. It will be uncomfortable at first but what is more uncomfortable, seeing her in the hallways or your empty pockets?

It the situation becomes unbearable and you feel SHE is crossing the line at work, talk to HR. I am assuming best case scenario she will ignore you back. In case she does not, you have a way out.

Tell HR that she flirts with you , makes you uncomfortable and you do not want to reciprocate. Tell them she continues to do this and you do not know what to do. They will ask you if you had a relationship with her and you are better off being honest. You will need to admit you reciprocated at one point(once) but you were were always felt like she was just teasing you. When you walk out of there the picture needs to be, she is harassing you in the workplace and you are a victim. I believe that you are, you need to make sure HR knows that.

Don't tell them you took the job knowing it could be a problem, they do not need to know that. That is not the issue.

The issue is what she is doing at that moment and how that interferes with your job TODAY. That is called sexual harassment and it is against the law in the workplace. They should take care of her, speak to her and she will need to back off or face consequences.

Don't let her bully like that or ruin you financially.

Let us know what you decide.
EXCELLENT advice here. I'm truly sorry you experienced what you did--sounds as if you were genuinely attracted and even did the smart thing by trying to avoid flirting with a co worker initially. She likely took this as a 'challenge', and once she was assured she had your full attention she was done playing her game.

Again--great advice above. Take this to HR if she starts up again. This time you know it's all just attention-seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships