Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 06:59 AM

171 posts, read 156,839 times

Advertisements

I was a bit curious about this:
are there any specific indicators in a guy's body language among women that give away if he has felt popular and generally confident among girls throughout his life, so that girls who talk to him will subconsciously think to themselves that "yep, this guy has very likely felt appreciated among girls in the past"?

My guess would be a that a guy like this would have firm eye contact with girls when he speaks to them, and usually also smile at them and basically give off a very relaxed vibe among them.

I am wondering this because I have noticed that I can very often instinctively tell if a guy is a bit of a natural ladies' man, and I always turn out to be right.
So there must be something in these guys' mannerisms that I subconsciously pick up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 07:04 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
This is a great question. I predict you’re going to get answers from women that reference confidence a lot.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:40 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,265,237 times
To me, it's revealed in how he discusses past relationships. One of my "getting-to-know-you" questions with guys I meet on Match.com is how their past experience has been with Match.com dates. So far all have been generally positive- one said he'd been "feral" for 30 years (divorced and mostly traveling to developing countries) and had found few women who had similar lifestyles. Another mentioned a really nice woman who, he said, wanted a sexual relationship almost immediately. If he has an Ex, does he at least discuss her in neutral tones?

Red flags for me would be negativity, lack of compatibility and failed relationships always being the other person's fault, etc. I had a first marriage that ended disastrously but overall I'm positive about men and it shows.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:46 AM

880 posts, read 531,268 times
Im assuming you are only talking about your basic hookup and not someone looking for a relationship.

I have never dated a ladies man before so i dont have a lot of input.
I have known many guys that have trouble maintaining eye contact but also get pretty lucky. Those guys are a little cocky and not afraid of rejection. They seem to be firm believers that someone will say yes to them by the end of the night.
Confident guys are a huge turn on, it doesnt mean they have to be the life of the party but just someone that is willing to go up to a girl and start a conversation, stay engaged and not let their eyes wander.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:11 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
When he wants to make you breakfast the morning after I would say that is a positive sign.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:13 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I don't know...probably being relaxed? Non-defensive? Kind of open.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:14 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
People who hate women are confident as well and hold eye contact while telling them why they suck...

What does a positive experience and confidence have to do with each other?

Old 10-29-2018, 08:23 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
People who hate women are confident as well and hold eye contact while telling them why they suck...

What does a positive experience and confidence have to do with each other?
They can. Confidence is one thing, cocky is another. And it is only one factor. This won't be foolproof regardless, or nobody would ever get into a bad relationship.

By the way, a guy looking me in the eye while telling me I sucked would NOT seem confident to me. If he were confident and I didn't want him he'd just pass me by. Defensive anger definitely comes off as insecure.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:32 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Being married for 30 years would be a pretty good indicator.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:18 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus86 View Post
I was a bit curious about this:
are there any specific indicators in a guy's body language among women that give away if he has felt popular and generally confident among girls throughout his life, so that girls who talk to him will subconsciously think to themselves that "yep, this guy has very likely felt appreciated among girls in the past"?

My guess would be a that a guy like this would have firm eye contact with girls when he speaks to them, and usually also smile at them and basically give off a very relaxed vibe among them.

I am wondering this because I have noticed that I can very often instinctively tell if a guy is a bit of a natural ladies' man, and I always turn out to be right.
So there must be something in these guys' mannerisms that I subconsciously pick up.
The confident guy that acts like he doesnt NEED the attention of the women he is talking to, acts like he knows hes interesting. Doesnt necessarily face her with his body, not looking at her all of the time. Typically is answering the questions as opposed to asking them. This stuff you can see, and its not subconscious, its right out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships