Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 04:17 PM

553 posts, read 300,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Unless she cooperates what can they do?

She refused to admit he hit her
Investigations.

Listen domestic violence is complicated and the best way to help is contact authorities who can look into it. If he is a drug dealer they find may another charge to lock him away.

But if you try and act on your good intentions by getting involved, having her come to your place, you are jeopardizing your and her safety.

Often victims of DV deny it and return to their abuser. If you call the cops you will do all you can do and truly show that you are being a good friend.

You can also text her the name of a local DV shelter so she has somewhere in case he attacks her tonight. And remind her there is always the local emergency room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 04:20 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,081,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Investigations.

Listen domestic violence is complicated and the best way to help is contact authorities who can look into it. IF he is a drug dealer they may another charge to lock him away.

But if you try and act on your good intentions you are jeopardizing your and her safety.

Often victims of DV deny it and return to their abuser. If you call the cops you will do all you can do and truly show that you are being a good friend.
I don’t know how I’m risking my safety right now unless I show up to her house like an armed guard lol

But I hear you about calling the cops you’re right

Last edited by JBT1980; 10-30-2018 at 04:28 PM..

Old 10-30-2018, 04:28 PM

8,919 posts, read 7,675,457 times
Cops

The end.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:30 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,253,583 times
Quote:
So you’re saying stay way from her?
I get a feeling you want to get romantically involved with this woman?

Old 10-30-2018, 04:36 PM

Calling the cops can be dangerous as well if nothing comes of it.

They’res a chance this guy is just saying this with no intentions of doing anything.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:41 PM

553 posts, read 300,289 times
Quote:

They’res a chance this guy is just saying this with no intentions of doing anything
Not normal.

And you said you saw bruises.

Stop making excuses. Its a hard thing to do. If he hits her because the cops were call, I guarantee he's already hit her.

Just how you are making all these reasons not to call is exactly what she is doing, except its 10x worse in her case due to the psychological impact of it being someone she was dating.

I'm done here.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,640,807 times
Quote:
No, they always want you to call just in case. It sounds like there is a credible threat here.

Quote:
They’res a chance this guy is just saying this with no intentions of doing anything.

Your approach to this is so odd. Why did you even start this thread if you're convinced it's no big deal?

Old 10-30-2018, 05:21 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,461,411 times
Where do these human beings come from?
I hate reading this!!!!!!

I would ask her to meet you in safe place, and call police. Or offer to go to station with her. But then you put yourself at risk too. Hhhhhhh

Old 10-30-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No, they always want you to call just in case. It sounds like there is a credible threat here.

Your approach to this is so odd. Why did you even start this thread if you're convinced it's no big deal?
Just looking at all angles in a situation like this and wondering if I should get involved at all especially with a potentially dangerous Nutjob like this..

But I know calling the cops is the right thing to do

Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,342,921 times
Quote:
Unless she cooperates what can they do?

She refused to admit he hit her

Please be very careful here, JBT1980. If the guy is as potentially dangerous as your friend has let on he may be, he may well cause you harm if you get in his way. People like him do not think or act like people like you.

Please think very carefully about this before you inject yourself into it to help her. She is refusing to tell her family, yet told you. Why do you think that is?

Honestly, I think your intentions are very honorable, but I do not think you are equipped to handle this problem for or with her. I have known people like the guy she speaks of, and they are extremely dangerous because they have no respect or fear of authority or law enforcement.

I would encourage her to call a domestic violence shelter in her area or the domestic violence hotline. They can talk to her about what guys like that can and will do and talk to her about ways to make herself safe. I think she needs to hear all of that.

Keep yourself safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships