Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 09:57 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
She is pretty. And is always touching my hands, shoulders, and hips. I have Aspergers, and Schizophrenia. She is 22 years older than me. I'm amazed that I am attracted to her, but I am.
Mentally ill people can get pretty touchy, dude. She probably doesn't even know what she is doing, obviously why shes there.

No pun intend, but this some crazy stuff.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Mod cut.

Tell the nursing staff she’s touching you too much.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Old 11-04-2018, 10:14 PM

277 posts, read 191,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
[snip]

Tell the nursing staff she’s touching you too much.
I'm pretty much a regular dude that got bum luck. I used to make 13.50$ an hour and now I am living in a nursing home. Most people that come in this place are only here for 2-3 years tops.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2018 at 10:17 AM..

Old 11-04-2018, 10:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I'm pretty much a regular dude that got bum luck. I used to make 13.50$ an hour and now I am living in a nursing home. Most people that come in this place are only here for 2-3 years tops.
I really hate that you’re going through that.

I still think you should tell her to stop touching you. Nothing good can come from it.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
AlwaysByChance, there's no shame in mental illness--none. Everyone has issues, but many hide them well. No one has a better life than you do, just a different one.

As to sexual attraction, just because a person has a mental illness does not mean that person becomes asexual. I have worked with people who have had a variety of mental illness diagnoses, and each one of them had interest in being sexually active.

Perhaps the woman you reference may well be in a place right now, given her mental illness, that causes her to not be fully in control of her actions or aware of what she is doing at all times. Just a thought. Either way, if her touching you or interactions with you cause you distress or to feel uncomfortable, please consider talking with one of the staff members who you know well and have some trust in.

I wish you the very best. self-made

Old 11-04-2018, 10:39 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
AlwaysByChance, there's no shame in mental illness--none. Everyone has issues, but many hide them well. No one has a better life than you do, just a different one.

As to sexual attraction, just because a person has a mental illness does not mean that person becomes asexual. I have worked with people who have had a variety of mental illness diagnoses, and each one of them had interest in being sexually active.

Perhaps the woman you reference may well be in a place right now, given her mental illness, that causes her to not be fully in control of her actions or aware of what she is doing at all times. Just a thought. Either way, if her touching you or interactions with you cause you distress or to feel uncomfortable, please consider talking with one of the staff members who you know well and have some trust in.

I wish you the very best. self-made
Very well put. I hear they even let mentally ill people have relationships these days.
I’m being sarcastic of course but yes, agreed, the OP should confide in a staff.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:50 PM

468 posts, read 356,477 times
Quote:
Yes, I also live in the nursing home. I am a high functioning Schizophrenic-Autistic.

As others have suggested to you it is in your best interest to notify the staff of her behavior....if you don't they will find out sooner than later and when they do they may have her removed from the home and than you will never see her again...notify the staff....it is the right thing for you to do.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:00 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Mod cut.

As far as posting on CD, you may have noticed, not everyone posting is on the proper medication.

Being mentally ill doesn’t mean all your rights as an adult are stripped away. Mentally ill people dont even need a special diet. A lot of facilities have phone books, if you don’t want to access the internet for food delivery, just ok it with the staff, they’ll know your plan and restrictions on place.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2018 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Old 11-05-2018, 05:43 AM

277 posts, read 191,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 915 View Post
As others have suggested to you it is in your best interest to notify the staff of her behavior....if you don't they will find out sooner than later and when they do they may have her removed from the home and than you will never see her again...notify the staff....it is the right thing for you to do.
Just so you all know their are several couples that met in the nursing home I am at. The Staff does not prevent residents from having sex at all. No nursing home is allowed to prevent the sexual relationships of residents with each other. You people need to learn how nursing home life works.

Last edited by AlwaysByChance; 11-05-2018 at 05:52 AM..

Old 11-05-2018, 05:58 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
Quote:
Just so you all know their are several couples that met in the nursing home I am at. The Staff does not prevent residents from having sex at all. No nursing home is allowed to prevent the sexual relationships of residents with each other. You people need to learn how nursing home life works.
I have worked in healthcare, in nursing homes. Staff are still receiving training and education regarding patients rights and sexuality. The general public, however......who is responsible for educating them?

Patients in all facilities have Rights. Their Care Plan does not restricts or deny them their rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships