Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 08:07 PM

987 posts, read 779,266 times

Advertisements

Get your GF a Breathe RITE nose BAnd, and tell her to stop smoking that stuff and/ or huffing and / or breathing in smog.
JMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 09:09 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Keep her up all night.
All night long with that iron pony, lol.

I agree, ear plugs should dissipate the roar a bit if your gf isn't receptive to any suggestions.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:13 PM

553 posts, read 302,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
All night long with that iron pony, lol.

I agree, ear plugs should dissipate the roar a bit if your gf isn't receptive to any suggestions.
OP have you tried ear plugs? Do they work? I suggest you try soon because if with ear plugs and sleeping pills you still cannot sleep at her place due to her snoring, I really don't see how you two are going to last.

Eventually either she or you are going to want to become closer and move in (she's already getting upset you aren't spending the night). So its best to figure out now where you want this relationship to go. I'd advise having this discussion soon, namely asking her if she is willing to go to the doctor to see if the snoring can be helped.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:29 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I agree, she should go see a doc and get a referral to have a polysomnography (sleep study). Just to be sure apnea isnt involved with her snoring.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
It's an easy solution. Just shove a sock in her mouth.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:00 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,147,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Find a new girlfriend
Another lost soul who could not possibly get less laid , obviously, with that abysmal attitude .

I have a box full of earplugs , orange squishy's Howard Leight MAX . Like 30 bucks for 100 packs . If I'm going to be with someone who is an annoying snorer I just put them in when I go to bed and theeyre usually there when I wake up . Problem not exactly solved but at least mitigated in the short-term .

Old 11-09-2018, 10:13 PM

605 posts, read 335,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I've attempted to spend the night with her a couple of times, but she snores really really bad. She says her past boyfriends have said the same thing and also had trouble spending the night with her a result. Last time I was up the entire night and couldn't fall asleep.

I've also been going through insomnia problems, and have been taking medication for it, but am sensitive to noises keeping me up.

But I feel that me not wanting to is bothering her. Like she asked me if it was okay for me to spend the night with her on this weekend, and I said sure, which was two weeks ago.

However, my insomnia has gotten worse, and the medication is not doing as well as it use to, so I lost a lot of sleep this week. So I want to sleep alone on the chance that I can fall asleep better, and things have changed since two weeks ago, but it bothers her and I feel she is pressuring me.

What do you think?
You can spend the night with her without sleeping in the same room. She can't be so selfish as to expect you to just lay in a bed beside her all night long right? If that is her expectation, then shove her everytime she snores and wakes you up. Then tell her to go move somewhere else. Don't make it fun for her. My husband snores too, we've hardly ever spent the night together. I have no desire to wear earplugs. That would be dangerous as you need to be able to hear to feel safe.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:11 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Find a new girlfriend
That is just heartless. Are you here to hurt people or be entertained by their pain? Please find another forum section and go annoy them. We at CD-R are here to help people get together and stay together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
She needs to see a doctor. Snoring can be a symptom of serious health problems. Till then, sleep alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Yeah I thought if we were married we may have to have separate rooms if she is okay with that...

Yeah she's overweight. But she wakes up everyday and seems fine so not sure how bad it is.
Separate bedrooms would work if your relationship works out pony. I've seen a TV commercial for beds that have adjustable incline that they say helps prevent snoring (if you believe TV commercials).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
My BF snores. I wear earplugs. I sleep fine now.
Ear plugs work. I never travel without them. Never!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Keep her up all night.
Bad Nina! Bad, bad Nina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Get your GF a Breathe RITE nose BAnd, and tell her to stop smoking that stuff and/ or huffing and / or breathing in smog. JMHO
Good idea on the BR strips. I've seen the commercials. It couldn't hurt to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I agree, she should go see a doc and get a referral to have a polysomnography (sleep study). Just to be sure apnea isnt involved with her snoring.
Excellent suggestion, perhaps the best yet. Medicine can't guarantee to cure it or even figure out the cause, but at least it's worth exploring.

People, you have to understand that snoring may interfere with normal sleep patterns, and you need good sleep patterns (and sufficient hours) to be healthy. I wear a Fitbit and I know how I'm sleeping because I can look at the graph each morning. FWIW I have the Fitbit Alta HR, often on sale for $99. It's also a fantastic monitor and reminder for exercise. Now that I got one I'll never go without some sort of health monitor watch. (They have health rings now too.)

I recall in the past reading about wearable electronics and thought it was SciFi. Well we're living in the future now and I monitor my heart rate and movements 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
It's an easy solution. Just shove a sock in her mouth.
Is there a spelling error in your post? Perhaps a consonant in a four letter word?

Old 11-10-2018, 01:38 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,200 times
That's true, I haven't thought of ear plugs! I will try them. Thanks

Old 11-10-2018, 05:37 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Deal breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships