Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 07:28 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times

Advertisements

What you describe sounds almost exactly like a date I went on a few weeks ago. If you want the male perspective, the post-date breakdown starts around page 6 of this thread:

Need help asking a woman out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 10:13 PM

587 posts, read 423,800 times
You did not feel the sparks, you did not find him attractive enough

Why bother with a 2nd date? You will be misleading him

No need to reach out to him..if he reaches out to you, then just be direct and say "You had a good time but not the right match"

Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Don’t waste y’alls time by going on another date when you know you don’t feel anything. People crap on me all the time about my one and done policy on dates when I don’t feel anything but I think it is the most merciful to do when I don’t feel anything.
Except not everyone lives and dies by just one date and that's it. People have felt it on date 2, date 3, etc.

I will say if after 2-3 dates, if you don't feel it, then it's best to probably move on at that point.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:59 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
You did not feel the sparks, you did not find him attractive enough

Why bother with a 2nd date? You will be misleading him

No need to reach out to him..if he reaches out to you, then just be direct and say "You had a good time but not the right match"
It's not really always about attractiveness, believe it or not

Old 11-16-2018, 11:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I think this is where it REALLY helps to know yourself. And everyone is different. For example, are you the type of person who can develop attraction for someone with time, or are you the type of person who needs to have the sparks fly from the get go? Depending on which type of person you are, you can determine what your next move should be.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:33 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
That happens, it's happened to me a few times. I can usually tell after the first date whether to continue on to second date or not, and if it's not there the first date I don't pursue any further. The few times I have done a second date, I usually regretted it and wondered why I just didn't go with my gut instinct. You can't force something that isn't there.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:50 AM

192 posts, read 109,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Some people have a hard time on the first date.

He was probably doing his best not to screw it up.

Sounds like a nice guy. You should give it another whirl.
Yes he was trying, I could feel that. But in the end we had nothing to say and it was a bit awkward... Well, if he asks me to go out next time I will still say yes.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
He's just not the one....no spark or chemistry.
Totally zero feelings (

Old 11-17-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
There is no harm on going on a 2nd or 3rd date. If you felt "nothing" then that's likely due to something else being on your mind something about him that bothered you.

It seems like you're over analyzing the situation. Go on a 2nd and 3rd date, if you still feel "nothing" then move on.
Yes, I guess it's because he comes from the same country like my ex, and I haven't had the best impression for this country since I broke up. He's the only child, also like my ex. The similarities kind of putting me off...

I will go for the second date if he asks me.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:02 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostlincoln View Post
Yes he was trying, I could feel that. But in the end we had nothing to say and it was a bit awkward... Well, if he asks me to go out next time I will still say yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostlincoln View Post
Totally zero feelings (
Are you attracted to him?

I agree with the guy who posted they just know if it will work. I’m that same way.

Actually, give me 5 minutes and I could tell you if we would work. It’s a gift, DONT ask. Hahaha!

Of course, I get along with everyone (another gift) so over my years of experience you have to read a person.

Everyone gets a second job interview so maybe a second date can confirm a yay or nay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships