Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:23 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times

Advertisements

My Mom was raised by her father and his family in Chicago.
She is married with three kids and work as a nurse.
Irony my mom's cousins who more money and two parents turned.
One of my friends was raised by a single parent because her dad walk out on them .But now on dean list at an university.
I do not think wedlock births are bad thing.
The big problems are people are not taking of care their kids when they can and birth control is poorly educated in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the bad it means a life without a father. this will only make sense when you see him grow up without one.
the good - the thor hammer called divorce law will never hit you

Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 PM

335 posts, read 409,647 times
Having a baby out of wedlock is a mixed bag. Firstly, a decision is made to have the baby versus abortion (fantastic)! Secondly , most of we humans ,whether christian or secular generally avoid judging ,but wait! GOD not we observers has a marriage covenant and within that covenant is child birth (the "plan") a plan that we disregard, mock, perhaps don't get, care about, dont believe or are just stupid. I personally forgive a woman regardless of outcomes . As for God without repentance it's very uncomfortable thinking of His judgment the only one that counts.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:57 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWarrior View Post
What do you suggest then? Of course the baby can't have a say in the matter.
The same thing we do in all other cases where baby is too little to speak for himself. That would be to assume more care, rather than less.

If anyone can be bothered.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 PM

324 posts, read 294,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
The same thing we do in all other cases where baby is too little to speak for himself. That would be to assume more care, rather than less.

If anyone can be bothered.
I can't see how parents not being married care means less care for the baby but anyway.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
I can't see how parents not being married care means less care for the baby but anyway.
More care BEFORE there is a baby.

As in birth control.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:53 PM

324 posts, read 294,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
More care BEFORE there is a baby.

As in birth control.
Still, once the baby is here, as long as the parents are willing, I can't see why they wouldn't take good care of the child.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:04 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Still, once the baby is here, as long as the parents are willing, I can't see why they wouldn't take good care of the child.
That's a big "if."

Old 09-19-2014, 08:13 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Most women who have children out of wedlock are poor and uneducated

Old 09-19-2014, 08:34 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I don't have an issue with children being born out of wedlock as long those particular circumstances don't prevent them from being financially supported appropriately. But let's be honest...MANY children born aren't being financially supported appropriately, whether the parents are married or not. Don't assume that all children in two-parent homes are in stable homes of sufficient income. Are kids born to single parents of an increased likelihood to experience insufficient financial support? I don't have reliable stats on that, but it would not surprise me. But if a child whose parents are unmarried can still count on being well-taken care of, I don't personally see the issue. Nobody, married or unmarried, should be having (or fathering) kids they don't plan to or don't have the wherewithal to take care of, anyway. But, obviously, it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships