Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:29 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What is if he said, "Nice jugs, honey..."

Would that fly????
Calling me honey wouldn’t fly.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:50 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's a simple solution here: get a new doctor. Problem solved. He shouldn't be flirting with his patients; he knows that. Even if (hypothetically) he were interested in a relationship, how would you know he's not doing the same with other patients? Is that the kind of situation you'd want to be involved with?

This is ridiculous, OP, If you want a relationship, get out and start circulating. Develop your social life. Don't look for liaisons in inappropriate contexts. And yes, get a new doctor.
Oh, but there's potential with this one, whether she actually likes him in return or not. Remember, he's a doctor.

I only bring it up because I'm sure the gas station attendant has checked her out a few times but he'd be invisible.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:48 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It doesn't have to be that personal to get skeeved out by a male doctor. The dermatologist I saw a few months ago had me disrobe in front of him (with no support staff in the exam room), offered no disposable gown or even a paper drape. He is the first male doctor I agreed to go to for over ten years now, and instant regret. I flat out refuse to see male doctors of any sort anymore.

I hope by now you know to speak up for yourself and request a female support staff member in the room especially when being undressed.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:50 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Calling me honey wouldn’t fly.
Haha!

Good one!

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
My dentist has told me I have a nice smile--I'm pretty sure that's part of what he does. Compliments such as "you look nice" and appreciating your shoes don't really constitute flirting to me. It sounds like it's part of making conversation and being generally kind so the patient keeps coming back to you.

I told a patron at my work once that I liked his hat and he asked me out on a date and I just thought Whoa...slow down! I just liked his hat. One of my coworkers has this sort of thing happen to her on a regular basis--half the guys she's nice to at work automatically assume she wants to date them. As she put it the other day when we were discussing it, "We're paid to be nice to you."

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I’m gonna share a funny story about the security guard at my job.

He is older than I am and always super friendly. Says hi, calls the elevator for me, holds open the door, compliments me on my outfit, etc.

One day I am walking by, the usual chatter happens and he goes “Jade, I want to tell you something.”

Me: sure (thinking in my head uh oh)
Him: I just have to tell you the reason I am so friendly to you. But let me preface this by saying I have been happily married for 20 years.
Me: I assumed you are friendly and chatty
Him: I am, but that’s not why. I am nice to you because I think you are pretty. Just wanted to let you know. Have a good day

So OP - he could want your business. Or he is a flirt. Or he thinks you are cute or for nothing else than chatting with a cute person.
Hmmm my cynical ass would've probably said something snarky: "So you're only nice to people you find attractive?" That would irritate me.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:12 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It doesn't have to be that personal to get skeeved out by a male doctor. The dermatologist I saw a few months ago had me disrobe in front of him (with no support staff in the exam room), offered no disposable gown or even a paper drape. He is the first male doctor I agreed to go to for over ten years now, and instant regret. I flat out refuse to see male doctors of any sort anymore.
I may have seen the same doctor. I went to the clinic because I thought I had strep. He told me to undress from the waist down and get up on the exam table. The blinds were open and I could see the windows to the office next door. I hesitated and said I didn’t think it was necessary to take my clothes off for him to look in my throat...he got an attitude and asked what my medical experience was?
Ha. I just left.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:19 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I hope by now you know to speak up for yourself and request a female support staff member in the room especially when being undressed.
There's no need even for that. She should have told him to leave the room, which is what doctors do; they say, "I'll step out while you change into this gown". One who doesn't do that is a huge red flag.

Wow. Just wow! UGH!

Old 11-23-2018, 10:20 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I may have seen the same doctor. I went to the clinic because I thought I had strep. He told me to undress from the waist down and get up on the exam table. The blinds were open and I could see the windows to the office next door. I hesitated and said I didn’t think it was necessary to take my clothes off for him to look in my throat...he got an attitude and asked what my medical experience was?
Ha. I just left.
These stories are extremely creepy. Who do these guys think they are??!! How dumb do they think women are?

Old 11-23-2018, 10:21 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
These stories are extremely creepy. Who do these guys think they are??!! How dumb do they think women are?
Unfortunately I have more than one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships