Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 11:45 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Lol good point but I don’t just mean looks..My friend I think was sexually attracted to me at least somewhat (I think that’s what she told someone)

So maybe it was personality? But she wouldn’t want to be friends then.
Yeah, it's actually a wide range of factors. If you were to ask me if looks matter, I'd say everything matters. Looks factor in on it.

Then there is how she is feeling, and what she has seen. Or she might've seen you in a more embarrassing moment that made her go "Nope", or she might've saw you in an angle that made her go "nope".

She might have low self esteem, etc.

In some cases, it just doesn't happen.

It could be your personality. You might have the personality of someone she sees as a friend, but does not quite look at in a sexual light.

I personally believe with experience that men and women can be friends, the only problem is the "waiting and hoping". Ironically, if you accept the possibility that you're probably never going to become the boyfriend and just look at other prospects, you may actually increase your chances of breaking through. One thing I've learned is that no matter how good I think me and her go together, there are always others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 11:50 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yeah, it's actually a wide range of factors. If you were to ask me if looks matter, I'd say everything matters. Looks factor in on it.

Then there is how she is feeling, and what she has seen. Or she might've seen you in a more embarrassing moment that made her go "Nope", or she might've saw you in an angle that made her go "nope".

She might have low self esteem, etc.

In some cases, it just doesn't happen.

It could be your personality. You might have the personality of someone she sees as a friend, but does not quite look at in a sexual light.

I personally believe with experience that men and women can be friends, the only problem is the "waiting and hoping". Ironically, if you accept the possibility that you're probably never going to become the boyfriend and just look at other prospects, you may actually increase your chances of breaking through. One thing I've learned is that no matter how good I think me and her go together, there are always others.
Yeah as I said I think there was physical attraction on her part or she wouldn’t have hooked up with me but we knew and were friends with each other for about 10 years overall and started as a wife of my friend so after all that time and how we started as friends it’s probably hard to look at someone in a romantic light..

Old 11-26-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
As a rule, I don't romantically make advances on good friends, so its a non issue. Friends are too important to potentially lose by trying to make it into something it isn't, and if we had romantic or sexual chemistry, we likely would have already explored it.
I’m never doing it again it not something I planned..I became friends with her when she was married so never looked at her in that light till we started to hangout one on one

Old 11-26-2018, 04:24 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Yes... we remained friends and some 10 years later... he proposed. I was 18 when we met and I told my mom that someday... I am gonna marry that guy. Lol

Old 11-26-2018, 05:43 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
I was on the opposite side of the equation this thread talks about: I did the rejecting.

Last year, a woman I was good friends with since fall of 2016 expressed interest in being more than friends. However, by then, I became conditioned to avoid relationships like the plague, due to what I observed among my friends and friends-of-friends. So I made a moral decision to come clean to her, and politely decline the relationship, rather than go into it without my heart being in it. Even though she's one of the nicest women I know, and attractive too, it didn't feel morally right to accept her romantic interest. Thankfully, she understood. We are still good friends who are there for each other---through happy times, through hard times---rather than simply shared activity partners. I realize that not all women would be this understanding, so I'm glad she continued being friends with me.

Earlier that year, another woman, who I knew as an acquaintance for a month or two, expressed romantic interest in me too. I turned her down, and gave her pretty much the same explanation. She got miffed and hasn't spoken to me again, save for polite hellos when running into each other. Since I didn't know her for very long, it was no big loss. Hopefully, no hard feelings, either.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I was on the opposite side of the equation this thread talks about: I did the rejecting.

Last year, a woman I was good friends with since fall of 2016 expressed interest in being more than friends. However, by then, I became conditioned to avoid relationships like the plague, due to what I observed among my friends and friends-of-friends. So I made a moral decision to come clean to her, and politely decline the relationship, rather than go into it without my heart being in it. Even though she's one of the nicest women I know, and attractive too, it didn't feel morally right to accept her romantic interest. Thankfully, she understood. We are still good friends who are there for each other---through happy times, through hard times---rather than simply shared activity partners. I realize that not all women would be this understanding, so I'm glad she continued being friends with me.

Earlier that year, another woman, who I knew as an acquaintance for a month or two, expressed romantic interest in me too. I turned her down, and gave her pretty much the same explanation. She got miffed and hasn't spoken to me again, save for polite hellos when running into each other. Since I didn't know her for very long, it was no big loss. Hopefully, no hard feelings, either.
Some things you don't have to experience to learn from. I get you.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:45 PM

Apart of it is also feeling insulted..friend I had a crush on causally dated a dangerous drug dealer is now seeing another guy just because she desperately wanted to get away from a guy stalking her.

I almost feel like my friends standards to date are anyone but me.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Apart of it is also feeling insulted..friend I had a crush on causally dated a dangerous drug dealer is now seeing another guy just because she desperately wanted to get away from a guy stalking her.

That is admittedly painful.

At this point, it is safe to say that she sees you more like a blood relative (brother). I've been there. The only thing you can do in this situation is move it to another woman. Get yourself busy with other possibilities.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That is admittedly painful.

At this point, it is safe to say that she sees you more like a blood relative (brother). I've been there. The only thing you can do in this situation is move it to another woman. Get yourself busy with other possibilities.
Is it an a-hole move to not be with her friends anymore though? I’m conflicted because iam hurt by it..but I do care about her but she’s making me feel undesirable the fact she’ll date any loser but not me..

Old 11-26-2018, 08:17 PM

99 posts, read 48,616 times
Quote:

Sounds like you need to amp up the excitement meter my man. Chicks CRAVE action and exciting things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships