Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 12:26 PM

651 posts, read 407,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Again, what does it matter? It's a one to one connection most people are seeking. You're dealing with individuals, one at a time, not populations in the aggregate.

I mean seriously, are there dudes out there thinking "I need to outcompete my competition" to "win the woman" or something? I pity those fools, if they exist. They really don't get it.
I dont know what to tell you, dude. You asked, I replied. You can make of it whatever you want *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 12:40 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
I dont know what to tell you, dude. You asked, I replied. You can make of it whatever you want *shrug*

Nothing you told me indicated why it mattered. That belief you presented as to the "why" doesn't change anything in how a person thinks, or will act.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:55 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Environment that is more competitive for men. I am also willing to bet that of that 40% of women there is a bigger proportion of "plus size" individuals than there are within men's population.
Ha. Yeah, very likely, women have more body fat, and some guys obviously don't find that a negative. You're projecting. Just like if I stated I'm willing to bet that of the 60% of men on the site there is a bigger proportion of less than average looking, grammatically challenged individuals.

This is 60% of the messengers I get. Yeah, that equals LOTS of messages. So....? And no, I'm not "shooting out of my league" even an honest objective glance through my messages would result in a from any non-biased individual. MORE men does not equal more opportunity, more men means those men who were previously afraid to approach come skittering out and say "you look tasty!". Seriously, one message was just: "pie?" WTH?

Last edited by RbccL; 12-18-2018 at 02:07 PM..

Old 12-18-2018, 01:55 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Again, what does it matter? It's a one to one connection most people are seeking. You're dealing with individuals, one at a time, not populations in the aggregate.

I mean seriously, are there dudes out there thinking "I need to outcompete my competition" to "win the woman" or something? I pity those fools, if they exist. They really don't get it.
I think they really do.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:45 PM

1,593 posts, read 775,850 times
Quote:

If that 40:60 M:F ratio is correct, it means there are 50% more men than women in online dating. I think that is very significant. It’s not about winning, it’s about the distribution of individuals in a group and the selection of individuals from that group. The more individuals in the group, the greater the number of individuals in a given range, the greater the chance that someone seeking an individual in that given range will find someone in it who matches their other crieria. Yeah, the individual connection is what matters in the end, but when there are more individuals you’re more likely to find one to connect with on the levels you want.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

Ha. Yeah, very likely, women have more body fat, and some guys obviously don't find that a negative. You're projecting. Just like if I stated I'm willing to bet that of the 60% of men on the site there is a bigger proportion of less than average looking, grammatically challenged individuals.

This is 60% of the messengers I get. Yeah, that equals LOTS of messages. So....? And no, I'm not "shooting out of my league" even an honest objective glance through my messages would result in a from any non-biased individual. MORE men does not equal more opportunity, more men means those men who were previously afraid to approach come skittering out and say "you look tasty!". Seriously, one message was just: "pie?" WTH?
Do you have some sort of shibboleth for online dating? A minimum expectation someone needs to meet to interact with them? Like, good grammar/spelling, creativity or wittiness, certain common interests, anything like that to weed out the chaff?

Old 12-18-2018, 08:58 PM

I didn’t mean I concentrate on grammar, but when I don’t like someone the grammar pushes it over the edge 🤭

I liked your word, never heard it. I like originality. Genuine. The kind of guy who isn’t afraid to say: “Hey! The end of the line’s back there.”

It’s hard to find on just a profile, so as a woman I get more messages. My profile has specific questions on it. ”What would you do if you met a bear on a walk? Would you work if you didn’t have to? What would happen if a coyote came through the dog door? What could a beautiful woman do for you to end the date prematurely?”

If they won’t acknowledge the words in my profile and just say “hi” idc what they look like, I’m not answering, it’s just not about looks, personality and what’s inside make a guy attractive or ... unattractive.

Last edited by RbccL; 12-18-2018 at 09:08 PM..

Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 PM

Not that I’m trying to meet your Hebrew pronunciation standards here, but your questions sounded fun:

-What would you do if you met a bear on a walk?
Bear on a walk? Run. Bear on a run? Run faster. Than my friend.

-Would you work if you didn’t have to?
I don’t have to go to work. I get to go to work.

-What would happen if a coyote came through the dog door?
I’d hide all Acme products. That, or grab the gun, because a coyote coming that close to people is probably rabid.

-What could a beautiful woman do for you to end the date prematurely?
The same thing any woman could do to end the date, treat me like I’m A- Dispensable, or B- Secondary on her list of current priorities

Old 12-18-2018, 09:39 PM

Ok good, and I got what I needed out of that. Not arrogant or superficial. I’d tell you more, but you’re too young for ne. 🙃
Find who are, don’t have a plan, don’t try to fit in, Bc if you’re not a sociopath you’ll fit in naturally.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Learn to settle for a real woman and you'll find someone more easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships