Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 06:54 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I would be thinking "why can't I find that and why is it going to someone who does not recognize such a blessing [...] at the time I was attracting workaholics or too busy women .
OP, what are you doing to meet women? What's your strategy? As you can see from your friend's experience, there are plenty of women out there that want a close relationship. You just need to make more effort to get out and mingle, and find them.

But also, this is a very good point to keep in mind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict;
Plus, the OP wants a LONER, who presumably wants to do things ALONE for much of the time. Perhaps I am missing what it means to be a loner, but as someone who is only mildly introverted, I would not want to spend every minute of my free time with someone I am dating. I need my ALONE time. During that time, I would do stuff for me that I enjoy like go to the gym or walk for exercise (which I like to do ALONE), perhaps engage in some other hobbies that are my own, keep up with my other friends, and just decompress while watching TV shows alone.
What. you're asking for, OP, is: a loner who doesn't want to be alone. A loner, who's ok with being glued at the hip to an SO.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-21-2018 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 07:02 PM

67 posts, read 34,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Then why lurk on a relationships forum, sharing your Eeyore-like musings? What's the pay-off?
Don't worry I won't be.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:30 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I am totally open to dating the opposite type of men. As I said, I can't recall any ever being attracted to me, except the one I mentioned here. And he's a cheater, so that's part of why I'm not attracted to him.
It took me until my early 30s to realize that the only way to handle infidelity is to break up with them immediately and never go back. I don't give second chances since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ladies determine 100% if there is a date to begin with....and also a second date..... and how fast it initially progresses..
That's just silly. I'm just an average guy and in this year's OLD matched first dates it was MY choice to not pursue a second date about half the time, although many of those dates may have agreed. Only a loser would pursue EVERY date to a second date.

It's just you, something that you do or who you are, that turns it into them always making the decision, not you.

Also, it stands to reason that as you get older and more experienced in relationships, that you become more successful. Why are we here on Earth if not to improve our lives and gain wisdom as we get older? So many with this type of problem may find it gets better with time as they get better at relationships.

Anybody who is successful in relationships is either lucky or has learned to just keep on walking even when your chest has an gaping hole gushing blood where your heart used to be.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
why more men loners??

because its sooooo much easier for a lady to attract attention or get a date.....all she has to do is smile....and men come running.....
with a guy....if he tries to initiate a first contact....even a hello....depending on her mood.....he is a creep...

ladies determine 100% if there is a date to begin with....and also a second date..... and how fast it initially progresses..

of course there are going to be more guys.... as loners...
This is so false it's funny.

You're aware that women get rejected as well, right?

Old 12-21-2018, 10:46 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
Don't worry I won't be.
“Better than being turned into a stump.â€

Old 12-21-2018, 10:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This is so false it's funny.

You're aware that women get rejected as well, right?

I do think there are just as many lonely females as there are lonely males. I really do. I know there are. I just think that lonely males gather more on the internet to complain about it, because they have less of a support system to vent to in real life.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
It took me until my early 30s to realize that the only way to handle infidelity is to break up with them immediately and never go back. I don't give second chances since then.

He was never my boyfriend and I was never interested in him and never will be, so it's not an issue for me. It's an issue for his girlfriend! lol

Anyway, my point was that he's the only very social male that has ever expressed interest in me.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:07 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Anybody who is successful in relationships is either lucky or has learned to just keep on walking even when your chest has an gaping hole gushing blood where your heart used to be.
This is precisely why I don't and won't do it. The unbidden end of a romantic relationship is one of the most traumatic thing a person can go through, and I've seen nothing to convince me it's worth that amount of pain.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
This is precisely why I don't and won't do it. The unbidden end of a romantic relationship is one of the most traumatic thing a person can go through, and I've seen nothing to convince me it's worth that amount of pain.

Yeah going thru a break up is hard, but it's also hard being alone and unloved. I think there are people who cope better with being alone than others. I think people who cope better are able to rationalize being alone better than those who can't. They are also better at finding ways to self-soothe.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:39 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yeah going thru a break up is hard, but it's also hard being alone and unloved. I think there are people who cope better with being alone than others. I think people who cope better are able to rationalize being alone better than those who can't. They are also better at finding ways to self-soothe.
I think those that do well with being alone probably had been through the trials and tribulations of marriage. Maybe once, twice, or thrice. By that time, they are too damaged to really have loneliness creep in. At this pointed, they are psychologically changed.

If they aren't damaged, then they simply got tired of looking at the same face over and over again or just preferred their own space.

Those who have years long dry spells are likely to be on the crunch to find someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships