Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:21 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, I had an older guy do that, even took off his shirt and sent me a pic, he wasn't even in that good of shape, but that wasn't the point, I didn't want someone 15 years older than me.
Hahaha. Shirtless geezer, and you didn't swoon. At least he didn't send one of those other photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 01:54 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Great post. Older men who are overly confident in their own looks always feel the need to bash the women of their own age group and that simply is not impressive. Definitely does not make them more attractive then men our own age.
You’ve just generalized all older men who are confident with themselves. How can you possibly know the mindset or mentality of such a large and diverse group of people? And should self-confidence wane as one ages? Are older people of less value than younger? I’d like to know. I’m 44, so I’d like to know what I have to look forward to as I get older.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I have always found that the men who are the MOST critical of women's looks/fitness/behavior are the ones who have the least to offer as a potential partners.
Critical, judgmental people come in all shapes, sizes, ages, genders, etc., so it’s just a human thing. We all desire certain traits in others; we all like what we like; and we all want what we want — regardless of whatever we do or don’t bring to the table.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:30 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
You’ve just generalized all older men who are confident with themselves. How can you possibly know the mindset or mentality of such a large and diverse group of people? And should self-confidence wane as one ages? Are older people of less value than younger? I’d like to know. I’m 44, so I’d like to know what I have to look forward to as I get older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Critical, judgmental people come in all shapes, sizes, ages, genders, etc., so it’s just a human thing. We all desire certain traits in others; we all like what we like; and we all want what we want — regardless of whatever we do or don’t bring to the table.
I am specifically referring to older men who overestimate THEIR looks/date-worthiness while criticizing the looks/date-worthiness of the women of their own age group.

MOST women in our 20s and 30s are not truly interested in men in their 40s/50s/60s and beyond. We just aren't. Older men have to BUY access to younger women. However older men will gladly continue to spend LOTS and LOTS of money, jump through all sorts of hoops and have all manner of games played for the privilege of having a younger woman on their arm.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:26 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
I am specifically referring to older men who overestimate THEIR looks/date-worthiness while criticizing the looks/date-worthiness of the women of their own age group.

MOST women in our 20s and 30s are not truly interested in men in their 40s/50s/60s and beyond. We just aren't. Older men have to BUY access to younger women. However older men will gladly continue to spend LOTS and LOTS of money, jump through all sorts of hoops and have all manner of games played for the privilege of having a younger woman on their arm.
SOME guys will do all of that. In real life most couples you see out and about tend to be more matched in age in general.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:

But you don’t speak for most women. Do you realize how many women you are professing to represent when you use the word “most”? How many women are in their 20s/30s in the world? Or even in a specific country or state? You know first hand what most of those women want in a partner? How could anyone know that? What you say may be true for those in your social circle or for specific people whom you’ve read or heard about, but that doesn’t necessarily prove the general statement. Men and women both are varied and like and/or prefer many different things when it comes to romantic interests. And when it comes to looks, I bet both genders err on the side of overestimating themselves. I doubt women are immune from doing that.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:57 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Well, we are women, and we were that age.... I think it is not putting oneself out there too much to say most women in their 20s aren't interested in men in their 40s. Sure, it can happen, but it's not the norm.

Honestly, when I was 20 and some 40 year old guy would hit on me or my friends we were pretty grossed out. Forty seemed OLD.

Heck, my stepdaughter went "ewwww he is old" when we suggested she may want to date my nephew who is 4 years older than her. She is only 19, so those 4 years seem like a lot.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-30-2018, 05:00 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
We need some pictures.
I’m picturing Casey Kasem.
Lol. Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You made the post. So one would think you're part of the topic.
Yep.

Quote:
I have always found that the men who are the MOST critical of women's looks/fitness/behavior are the ones who have the least to offer as a potential partners.
And yep.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:18 PM

999 posts, read 553,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Everyone here has a BMI less than 21
I mean, I do... but that's not really related to what I was saying. I don't actually care if a guy is overweight. I've known heavier people who worked out and exercised, and I don't find them unattractive. It's a diet and lifestyle issue, not a physical appearance issue. As long as a guy is taking care of himself well, I'm okay with whatever. Some people have different metabolisms and don't lose weight as easily, and I understand that.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:20 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
a pretty face don't mean a pretty heart...I learned that right from the start...

no one is perfect....

a foundation of a successful relationship is built on trust...friendship...a good man will bring out the best qualities of his woman..... and make her feel good about herself..

chemistry between two people is the true glue of a relationship.... not superficial looks

you can have the best of everything...houses cars....etc....but you don't really enjoy them if you are in a bad relationship..

id rather enjoy what I have with who im with …
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships