Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 01:02 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized_Funk View Post
The crux is that you gotta find your lid before you're too old and/or dead... and some pots have exponentially more lid options than others.

I think having options is a factor, but I also think number of lids that fit is a factor too. I think that for some kinds of pots, there are only a limited number of lids interested in fitting that particular kind of pot. Those lids find their pots fairly quickly and lots of corresponding pots aren't able to find lids that work very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 PM

880 posts, read 531,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I went to an all boys HS, and the nearby all girls school, or a few girls from there anyway, rated our senior yearbook pictures on the 1-10 scale. In 1975.

The topic gets worn out online, and often given a credence it doesn't deserve, I'd agree.
I totally just had flash backs of being rated in HS. I went to an all girls school and the nearby boys school collaborated with us for the Christmas concert and i overheard a group of them rating us. I got points for having boobs but being an awkward teen i didn't score very highly, it was soul crushing.
I had completely blocked it from memory and it all came flooding back when i read your post. Thankfully now i can laugh about it. Damn, teenagers are so mean.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I totally just had flash backs of being rated in HS. I went to an all girls school and the nearby boys school collaborated with us for the Christmas concert and i overheard a group of them rating us. I got points for having boobs but being an awkward teen i didn't score very highly, it was soul crushing.
I had completely blocked it from memory and it all came flooding back when i read your post. Thankfully now i can laugh about it. Damn, teenagers are so mean.

Yeah they are. Sometimes when I responds I take for granted, or assume, we're talking about adults to adults. I don't include (...as an adult) when I say "I don't know anyone who does XYZ". I guess I'll have to start doing so for this crowd.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:32 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized_Funk View Post
I dunno... I'd never rank myself below average (I'd like to think my self esteem is a bit better than that), but I haven't had a date in going on six years now. :-( Either I'm way uglier than I think, or I'm a 6 or 7 when an 8 minimum is required.
Are you on any online sites. Granted this is very new territory for me, but it seems like there are all levels of attractiveness there. There should be some 5-7s to match up with your 6, I would think.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:34 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I was rated a 4, with the comment that I could be a 5 if tall. So I was a 5 when I was 17. I actually felt OK with that. I'm not sure that's what people mean when they say someone peaked in HS, though

What was both sad or funny and kind of sweet was the girls mostly commented on the guys they rated lower, offering possibilities for improvement. One picture had the comment, " when you grow out of your face", which I'm sure was an awkward way to avoid saying his acne would pass some day. I saw him at christmas break the following year and he said, "did you notice I grew out of my face?" We laughed, and with me still being 6-1, felt pretty good about ourselves. Yep.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:35 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Y'know what's weird (I guess maybe?)

When men tell me that they find me attractive or beautiful, I rarely believe them. But when women, especially women that I am close to, tell me I am, and go on to tell me why they think so, or make observations about my appearance, I can take it to heart far more readily.

Maybe it's because I always feel like guys have an agenda. And even a woman that I'm dating, it usually doesn't feel like she particularly does.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:38 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
I went to an all boys HS, and the nearby all girls school, or a few girls from there anyway, rated our senior yearbook pictures on the 1-10 scale. In 1975.

The topic gets worn out online, and often given a credence it doesn't deserve, I'd agree.
Growing up I've heard it million times, again, mostly younger kids. I've heard it a bit in older guys but mostly sitting around drinking a beer or two and only every so often. Like I posted grown men aren't going around talking about it that much.

I've been with co-workers or whatever and you'd hear a comment about a woman being a hottie or whatever but not that often really.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:40 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Y'know what's weird (I guess maybe?)

When men tell me that they find me attractive or beautiful, I rarely believe them. But when women, especially women that I am close to, tell me I am, and go on to tell me why they think so, or make observations about my appearance, I can take it to heart far more readily.

Maybe it's because I always feel like guys have an agenda. And even a woman that I'm dating, it usually doesn't feel like she particularly does.
Yeah, LOL, water is still wet. Of course a guy's opinion might motivated, doesn't always have to be, but if straight women are giving you tips the chances are there ain't no motivation there.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:42 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
The other thing that is freakin' weird is when incels go on and get mad because they think that everyone must be forced to partner with their "looks-match." Dumbest thing I ever heard of. But it goes back to the whole, "I have problems, and it's not because of anything I'm doing, it's because of everything everybody else is doing. If the entire world would make my problems and my happiness a higher priority, that would be great."

Sure, we'll get right on that.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:05 PM

880 posts, read 531,965 times
Quote:
I was rated a 4, with the comment that I could be a 5 if tall. So I was a 5 when I was 17. I actually felt OK with that. I'm not sure that's what people mean when they say someone peaked in HS, though

What was both sad or funny and kind of sweet was the girls mostly commented on the guys they rated lower, offering possibilities for improvement. One picture had the comment, " when you grow out of your face", which I'm sure was an awkward way to avoid saying his acne would pass some day. I saw him at christmas break the following year and he said, "did you notice I grew out of my face?" We laughed, and with me still being 6-1, felt pretty good about ourselves. Yep.
I was a 5 too and i was not OK with it, the boys didn't make any suggestions about how i could look better, but i was an Asian nerd and the boys liked the blonde haired blue eyed girls so i was never going to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships