Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:43 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianbella View Post
this guy from my work started talking to me (mostly over text) a couple months ago & we’ve been on 2 “dates” & now he thinks we’re in a committed relationship. I haven’t done anything to lead him on, but I assume I’ve been a bit too nice to the point where he thinks I like him back. I’m fine w/being friends but I do not want a relationship w/him. I know that he tells people (including his parents) that we’re dating & I feel like **** knowing that I don’t have the same feelings for him. I’m not sure how to politely tell him that we’re not dating/committed/etc. w/out hurting him & I really don’t want this to cause problems between us. What should I do?
TIA
And, you haven't told him, WHY???????????: smack:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 06:12 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
And, you haven't told him, WHY???????????: smack:
Because it's an awkward situation. She may have only recently found out he's been telling people they're an item, so she's asking us how to soften the blow, when she does tell him.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Tia, you need to let him know at your earliest convenience. Lotsa nut jobs out there in the real world and he might be one of them possessive types of he's latched onto you so quickly. Speak your mind and voice yourself.
Who's Tia???

Old 01-08-2019, 01:38 PM

892 posts, read 484,069 times
sometimes one just doesn't know until they know; it's a process (experience). "it was interesting; i'm not ready for a relationship."
of course, you can get an adverse reaction, but that's all the more reason to not continue.
you deserve someone who listens to you and respects personal decisions for yourself.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,456 times
A few months ago I was in a situation where a former work colleague (we no longer work together) and I stayed in touch after I left for a different job. There was a communication breakdown, I thought we were going to have a relationship, and she thought we were just good friends.

She had the sense and decency to apologize for any communication mix up; take ownership of any confusion or misinterpretation, and make clear to me that this was not supposed to turn into a romance.

Even though she chose to go "No Contact" on me (likely to prevent leading me on any more), I still think she handled it properly.

It beat being ghosted. She owned it. She apologized. She gave me an explanation so I could work thru my disappointment

Old 10-14-2019, 10:44 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
Quote:
this guy from my work started talking to me (mostly over text) a couple months ago & we’ve been on 2 “dates” & now he thinks we’re in a committed relationship. I haven’t done anything to lead him on, but I assume I’ve been a bit too nice to the point where he thinks I like him back. I’m fine w/being friends but I do not want a relationship w/him. I know that he tells people (including his parents) that we’re dating & I feel like **** knowing that I don’t have the same feelings for him. I’m not sure how to politely tell him that we’re not dating/committed/etc. w/out hurting him & I really don’t want this to cause problems between us. What should I do?
TIA

Tell him you're really not interested in being romantically involved. Not that hard.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:12 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Tell him you're really not interested in being romantically involved. Not that hard.
This. It's not fair to let someone continue to believe something. Tell him. Otherwise he'll wind up getting hurt.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:16 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This. It's not fair to let someone continue to believe something. Tell him. Otherwise he'll wind up getting hurt.

Yep. And one more thing.

Unless you're absolutely sure, convinced without a shadow of a doubt that someone is the perfect person for you, never, ever, ever, ever date someone you work with. Don't do it because you're lonely, or bored, or because you're both working late together, or have a common hatred of your boss or anything else under the sun. Because unless you get married or something, it can very quickly turn into a nightmare with people getting fired, complaints getting filed with HR, and a host of other disasters in your professional life.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
TIA
Maybe you are the hottest gal he has ever “dated” and wants to show you off as if you and him are a couple.

I can see why he would do that if you are a hottie.

If you “don’t have feelings for him” then you have to step up to the plate and make it very clear.

“Listen, we are not going in the same direction. I don’t feel the same way as you do.”

Old 10-15-2019, 05:03 AM

59 posts, read 34,791 times
The best solution is to say everything you think about your “relationship”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships