Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:21 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,287,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Just say you’re a 7 on the sexual adventure scale but will be happy with a 5. Tie-up isn’t very strange.
Really? That depends...on a lot. Is it just a very casual tying up that is barely restrained and only for a few minutes and then "typical" sex starts? Or is it very elaborate bondage with patterned knots in particular positions and comprises about 90% of the entire scene?

Also, my guess is that while men may be quite comfortable with restraining women, many women have little if any interest in restraining men. Oh, I know they're out there and all the lore that the men who are most "take-charge" like bondage the most, but in terms of sheer numbers and the women willing to actively DO the tying up?

Not possible to know for the OP's particular situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 07:49 AM

21,832 posts, read 9,392,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Define "kinky"
I think he did. He likes bondage.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:55 AM

880 posts, read 528,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized_Funk View Post
Usually right after you start peeing on them...

I keed, I keed! The earlier the better, though. You could just try to meet on FetLife if it wasn't completely worthless and full of couples and (mainly) female doms looking for a buck... the Donald Trumps of the kink world.
"Light" bondage lover on fetlife? I wouldn't recommend going down that rabbit hole without being prepared. I consider light bondage to be vanilla with sprinkles. Its definitely more mainstream, thanks to 50 shades.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:57 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Just go to munches and meet people there or use OKC and the questions there for screening. Simple.

FL is not a dating site, it's social media. But you can find events there.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:15 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,871,324 times
*only read the OP*

Tell them FAST. I have dated several males (back when) who seemed up my alley until one stated he was into feet and another (gorgeous man btw) stated he would adore having an encounter with "several midgets at once".

I was VERY glad to learn of these proclivities after just a few dates and prior to any intimate contact; much time wasting was thus avoided. I would've been super annoyed had they waited until later into the relationship to tell me.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:19 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,290,577 times
There’s a movie on Netflix called ‘Gerald’s Game’. You’d think twice about getting tied up, Lol

Old 01-07-2019, 08:27 AM

9,359 posts, read 6,928,850 times
All this stuff is a hard hard pass for me. I would mention it from the get go. Like shaking someone’s hand. Be like hello my name is Ron it’s nice to meet you and I like being tied to a bed post.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:36 AM

78 posts, read 37,965 times
If you're a female - call me.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:51 AM

20,328 posts, read 14,552,431 times
I prefer getting that kind of information out of the way right up front. I strongly advise anyone who is kinky to get on Fetlife, look for munches and events in your area, and get into a community if you can. Not only is it a great way (if you're patient and don't expect an instant-partner--nobody is gonna assign you one or anything!) to meet other kinky people and find a partner, more importantly you learn how to do your thing in ways that won't result in permanent injuries or death.

Because nobody really wants to go to the hospital, or jail, for any of this stuff.

And if you think that rope and "tie-up" play is light and harmless, you're completely utterly wrong. Statistically, and I mean among people who are apt to play with knives, needles, fire, hot wax, electricity, and a host of other seemingly hazardous things, ROPE is the single most dangerous thing resulting in the most injuries and deaths. You can easily cause permanent nerve damage with a cute little game of "tie me up" if you don't know what you're doing. Most communities have extensive rope workshops and classes and such, so people learn how to do it right. At least enough so as not to be a danger to themselves and others.

When I started getting into the kink scene, I was still on OK Cupid at the time, and I put it right out there on my profile, "Hey, I'm getting into the local BDSM community and strongly prefer to date partners who are at least willing to explore it and attend events with me." Not getting all into WHAT kinks I have, if I friended someone on Fet they could see that there, no need to be explicit, but just letting people know...I'm not vanilla, and I won't be wanting to date vanilla.

I got a lot of stupidity in messages because of that, like the young f-boys who were like, "Yeah...you're a freak, I'm a freak too I like to do it in the park" idiocy but they were easy to brush off (kinda funny sometimes even) and I felt it was worth it to put the disclosure out there. Muggles need not apply...

Old 01-07-2019, 10:09 AM

880 posts, read 528,902 times
OP said he was only into the light play...Which i assume is him strapping someone to the bed post as opposed to practicing shibari. I don't think its necessary to join Fet unless he really wants to really explore kink, there's a huge difference between someone who wants to re-enact scenes from 50 shades and those that want to embrace the bdsm lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships