Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 08:44 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
he knows where you are...back off... set your own short and long term goals and work towards them

we all have moments..let it go.....

I once took a vegan to a pigroast…… on a first date.... after seeing her dry heave..and calling me an *******......im thinking this isn't going too well..

we all have judgement lapses...let it go
Lol priceless on a vegan at a pig roast. That is one date I would like to have participated in just for the entertainment value.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 09:00 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
There's no how...it's a matter of when.

Keep yourself busy until you adjust and get used to feeling of him not being there anymore.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:53 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
I have always said, if someone doesn't want to be with you, why would you want to be with them? He knows you're interested, you can back off now.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:29 PM

21 posts, read 12,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have always said, if someone doesn't want to be with you, why would you want to be with them? He knows you're interested, you can back off now.
you're right, nothing I do will change that. I give up on this guy already

Old 01-08-2019, 12:20 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame08 View Post
I'm back after a few months, I've been hanging out with this guy a few times, I like him but I also can see he treats me more like a friend. We stopped for about 2 months due to schedule conflict, he flew out of country for a month, when he's back, it's holidays season.

I asked him out before Christmas but he was visiting family so he declined, however, he said we should try the week after. I didn't hear from him after that so I decided to drop him another text last Friday, asking if we could meet on the weekend, again, he said the time was not good, suggested to try again the week later and that we should discuss in a few days. Obviously, he didn't reach out at all the entire week after that.

Now come my naive and stupid part, I should have got the hint and dropped but I didn't, I held onto the fact he suggested to try another time and convinced myself he must have been super busy. Anyhow, yesterday I texted him for the 3rd time asking if he had time on sunday, he left me on read, no response whatsoever.

I don't know how I should feel right now, I'm part angry at myself for not having self esteem and keep reaching out despite all the signs I sensed. Part of me can't understand why he couldn't just decline the first time I asked, why did he have to keep suggesting another date and lead me on like that.

I'm both angry and disappointed at myself, I like him a lot and I don't know how to get over this
Time will get you past it. It's all you can do. Leave him be and heal.

I'll try twice then I move on.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
you're right, nothing I do will change that. I give up on this guy already
Like coming back with that square peg just hoping THIS time it will fit in that round hole.

Listen, there will be someone you meet that will return the same enthusiasm in a relationship.

You call, they call. He texts, you text.

When that happens then you will know.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:51 AM

281 posts, read 247,279 times
Quote:
I'm back after a few months, I've been hanging out with this guy a few times, I like him but I also can see he treats me more like a friend. We stopped for about 2 months due to schedule conflict, he flew out of country for a month, when he's back, it's holidays season.

I asked him out before Christmas but he was visiting family so he declined, however, he said we should try the week after. I didn't hear from him after that so I decided to drop him another text last Friday, asking if we could meet on the weekend, again, he said the time was not good, suggested to try again the week later and that we should discuss in a few days. Obviously, he didn't reach out at all the entire week after that.

Now come my naive and stupid part, I should have got the hint and dropped but I didn't, I held onto the fact he suggested to try another time and convinced myself he must have been super busy. Anyhow, yesterday I texted him for the 3rd time asking if he had time on sunday, he left me on read, no response whatsoever.

I don't know how I should feel right now, I'm part angry at myself for not having self esteem and keep reaching out despite all the signs I sensed. Part of me can't understand why he couldn't just decline the first time I asked, why did he have to keep suggesting another date and lead me on like that.

I'm both angry and disappointed at myself, I like him a lot and I don't know how to get over this

Don't feel disappointed. Take back control starting now. What done is done. And that only shows you have a lot of gut to pursue what you like. Don't be embarrassed about that. Right now, that you got the hint, and see how is treating you, you can take back your power. You can choose to stop contacting him. Delete him from your contacts. And if he contact you, decide what to do about it. You can either choose to go silent, or delay communication. If he does reach out to you again, you should confront him about his behavior, saying you don't appreciate how he is acting, and that he should be more forward with you.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:16 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Sounds like he has a wife or something

Old 01-14-2019, 11:34 PM

21 posts, read 12,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Don't feel disappointed. Take back control starting now. What done is done. And that only shows you have a lot of gut to pursue what you like. Don't be embarrassed about that. Right now, that you got the hint, and see how is treating you, you can take back your power. You can choose to stop contacting him. Delete him from your contacts. And if he contact you, decide what to do about it. You can either choose to go silent, or delay communication. If he does reach out to you again, you should confront him about his behavior, saying you don't appreciate how he is acting, and that he should be more forward with you.
I deleted his number right after posting here, I was determined to think he had never appear in my life and move on but a few days ago he texted me back (finally), same old busy reason and again "maybe we can do it next week". I don't understand what he thinks/ wants, I still have feelings for him so I couldn't bring myself to confront, I can only do that once I'm ready to cut off with that person.

However, I'm proud of myself too, I replied nonchalantly, I didn't care and read into every single word he said anymore.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:56 AM

399 posts, read 221,041 times
Quote:
Of course you are welcome to your own feelings, but I don't think you deserve those emotions. You didn't do anything wrong - he's just not interested. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships