Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusLevy View Post
I believe that it is either in the Quran or Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet” that the following sage words of advice to aspiring Warrior-Philosopher’s was first written...this is a rough translation from the original Arabic:

So for my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.
A pretty woman makes her husband look small, and very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her, she starts to do the things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife - you'll be happy for the rest of your life!
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time and she'll always give you peace of mind.
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Don't let your friends say you have no taste, go ahead and marry anyway.
Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match - take it from me, she's a better catch.
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife!

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
never make a pretty woman your wife!

It's a song. Nothing too deep here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=So+f...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 08:42 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTraveller View Post
Its a pain in the ass, dudes always hitting on your GF and she can ditch you and just find someone else so fast.

Or the reverse too, gals always around your dude...

Is it worth it ?
Well...

...I want someone who is attractive to ME. I don't care if she is the stereotypical attractive type.

...and you're going to have dudes making moves on your GF anyway. It is not necessarily because she is "attractive".

Old 01-09-2019, 08:50 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Its a pain in the ass, dudes always hitting on your GF and she can ditch you and just find someone else so fast.

Or the reverse too, gals always around your dude...

Is it worth it ?
I only want someone who I find attractive. That doesn’t mean that he’ll turn everyone else’s head, but if I find him attractive, surely I won’t be the only one who feels that way. I wouldn’t date a person who I didn’t find attractive just so that I would have less competition from other women.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:54 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
I think Gus knew it was a song. One translated form the Quran and put to music.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Please spare me the agenda thing and the stupid thumb guy.

I never liked the descriptor "charming" I just felt like sharing that.

And yes charming is a negative trait !!
First I've heard of that.

Oh and for that revelation I give 2 thumbs up!!! ( )

Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Find a person who hasn’t let it go to their head and it’s fine. The only time it’s going to become a negative is when someone uses the trait for bargaining and control.

We use to call here type of people “ugly souls”
Beautiful on the outsized, ugly on the inside.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusLevy View Post
I believe that it is either in the Quran or Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet” that the following sage words of advice to aspiring Warrior-Philosopher’s was first written...this is a rough translation from the original Arabic:

So for my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.
A pretty woman makes her husband look small, and very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her, she starts to do the things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife - you'll be happy for the rest of your life!
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time and she'll always give you peace of mind.
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Don't let your friends say you have no taste, go ahead and marry anyway.
Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match - take it from me, she's a better catch.
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife!

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
never make a pretty woman your wife!
LOL!!! I remember that song.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Not every attractive girl is out there begging for attention and validation, on social media and constantly inviting or attracting suitors.

There are types of attractive girls that are a hassle to date due to their attractiveness. Avoid these for anything serious.

These are the girls posting 24/7 to social media, today the platforms to watch out for are instagram and Snapchat, moreso insta. The more revealing things she posts the further the arms reach should be for serious dating considerations. Social media is 90% about attention and validation. If she’s addicted to it, guess what she’s actually addicted to.

Party girls are a tough one. I know some loyal ones. But the reality is they are continually in meat markets and sketchy situations that invite the attention of men. If she likes to dress *extra* revealing on the regular (red flag) and she parties, you will constantly be dealing with men paying her attention. Can be dealt with if you’re secure but is this something want to deal with every weekend?

There are plenty of other types but these are my biggest red flags. With social media being such a huge factor in today’s world, find an attractive girl with a low key social media profile that isn’t overtly sexual and overtly inviting male attention I’ll give it a 90% chance that she’s a breeze to date, in regards to dealing with other men.
I think hardly any attractive woman is begging for attention. They don't even have a chance to beg, it's the dudes that are begging...EVERYONE.

I think some women probably, maybe, I don't know, may bet the idea "Well, I'm getting all this attention so I might as well make it worth it. I honestly don't know, but I had that thought go through my head a few times when I got "overwhelmed".

Also, if you can get a lot of validation on social media, I'd look for ways to monetize it.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I have met some people, like the "pretty" people when I was in middle and high school who had always been popular and took it for granted, and were mean to the less attractive people. But that's cruel immature childhood behavior...I mean, some people really never mature beyond their high school level identities, but most (I hope) move on from that into deeper waters.

Of course I've known a few really hot guys, generally musicians, often singers, who are total divas and not just because they sing. It's that whole, "this has totally gone to your head, hasn't it?" thing. That is not appealing to me, not in men or women. They are usually not only pretty full of themselves and needing everyone to treat them like princesses at all times, they are secretly insecure and do what they do for the validation of it, and often also drama queens. Ugh, no. Such people might be fun to hang out with, might be charismatic and entertaining for a little while, but if I had to deal with them every day I'd go insane. So I won't sleep with them or date them.

It is a strange fact that the only men who have ever actually sent me the dreaded "unsolicited D pic" have been singers of metal bands. And I believe it speaks to their need for attention on some level, that they share those things in common...

I have rejected men who were incredibly good looking before. But there's usually more to my choice than that.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:55 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I think hardly any attractive woman is begging for attention. They don't even have a chance to beg, it's the dudes that are begging...EVERYONE.
Men and women are thirsty in different ways. Men will comment on girls photos, constantly like their stuff, DM, approach, hit on them etc. But to say hardly any attractive women are begging for attention is hilarious on its face.

There is a difference between simply existing as an attractive woman (whom will still receive attention) and being the type that seeks it out explicitly, regardless of relationship status. I think you know this. And in today’s world of instant gratification and validation seeking social media, I think the percent of attractive women overtly seeking attention and validation is quite high, especially via social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I think some women probably, maybe, I don't know, may bet the idea "Well, I'm getting all this attention so I might as well make it worth it. I honestly don't know, but I had that thought go through my head a few times when I got "overwhelmed".

Also, if you can get a lot of validation on social media, I'd look for ways to monetize it.
People are addicted to social media for a reason. Attention and validation feels good. But that can bring relationship problems.

I know many women in my social media sphere who are overtly seeking male attention in their profiles. Less than 1% is monetizing it. At that point it’s a combination of personal enjoyment and work, but still not my cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships