Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 01:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
"Good to see you" is what you say to people when you meet them again, even electronically. You don't even have to mean it. Chill out.
But she added, "I hope to hear from you again soon.". That's completely unnecessary, for politeness.

Also note, that he didn't ask about the couple together, but only about the wife.

OP, I wouldn't worry about it at this point. If her behavior changes, or if she suddenly starts leaving the house to run more errands than she had done previously, you might have cause for some concern, but don't get too paranoid. You can end up imagining behavioral changes that aren't there, or exaggerating small things into something that fits the scenario you've conjured up.

In her shoes, I would have answered the email along the lines of,, "K12144 and I are doing great. He's made some improvements to XYZ on the farm, and we had a wonderful vacation tgether last year, thank you for inquiring. I hope you're well. Cordially, Ms. K12144"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 02:46 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,449 times
Wow OP this is a bit much. I don't see anything that warrants you to worry, unless there is more you are not telling us.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:56 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I agree with Ruth and note anything out of the ordinary - her losing weight, exercising when she doesn’t like exercising, eating habits, staying up late, etc.

At this point I wouldn’t jump to conclusions, but you probably already have.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:06 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
I love CD threads. While OP being in his wife’s email MAY be AN issue, it’s certainly not THE issue here. And if it is indeed an issue that is something he’ll have to address alongside his concerns over his wife’s email reply to the former tenant. With that said, and without knowing the former tenant or reading the note he wrote sending a picture is a bit weird. Had they become close friends during his stay maybe that would be different, but OP said this is not the case.

My guess is he’s probing the lines and gauging interest. That’s not the concern though: guys do that all the time. The only one you should worry about OP is if she seems to be reciprocating interest.

Now this may be a little arbitrary but the form of correspondence to me is relevant. She got a letter with an email address. She had to deliberately reply, using an entirely different form of media. It’s not like she got a note on messenger and had a quick conversation getting caught up. She got an email address in a letter from a guy who knew she’s married and addressed it to her and not them and included a pic, AND she had to take deliberate steps to reply. Not like a short “hey I’m fine how are you?” Like what may be reasonable on some IM. And she threw in the “hope to hear from you again.”

I’m not saying she’s interested, or that OP needs to be concerned. I just think the dismissiveness to his concern and counter accusations directed toward him for being in his wife’s email undermine the validity of his question/concern. It’s a legitimate question. Responses like “chill out” add no value.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I love CD threads. While OP being in his wife’s email MAY be AN issue, it’s certainly not THE issue here.

Totally disagree. His being snoopy (since when is spying on a spouse ok in any way?) makes him sounds like a distrustful and insecure dude, which is totally the issue.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:25 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Maybe he wants rid of her and is looking for an excuse ?

Old 01-17-2019, 04:36 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Wow, you guys are harsh. I think it sounds suspicious.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:55 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wow, you guys are harsh. I think it sounds suspicious.

That she responded to someone that emailed her with a totally innocuous reply?

Yeah, burn her.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Op, why don't you talk to her about it instead of asking strangers?

It already seems like you have your mind made up so I don't know why you asked anyway. You're a grown man and you should be able to handle your relationship, yourself.

You don't need input from others.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:27 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
It's pretty innocent, but my first thought is why didn't she mention it to you? Are you jealous by nature? You sound like it.

Me? I always mention stuff like this to my husband, just because it is better to know up front then to run across something, no matter how innocent.

But we are not jealous. My husband came home and told me about a group of women flirting outrageously, and told him when an ex came sniffing around.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships