Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:04 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

No.

My Dw has a good mind for business. Our marriage has become primarily a business partnership. If I were to leave her, she has plans and methods to ruin me.
So, how do you cope? How are you feeling at this point? Angry? Content?

She would financially ruin you if you had the nerve to seek out a relationship which met your needs? Wow. That's control, not love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 10:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
That is not necessarily so. Over the many years we were married, there were many times I did not 'feel like' it but still felt enjoyment in just the closeness and intimacy of physical contact and the very idea of giving..
"Getting off" is not always the only point.
But like you said, there was still some type of enjoyment. I was speaking on none at all. Not even what you're describing. And it's consistently like that. Of course this is different in each situation. Just how I personally see it.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:09 AM

880 posts, read 531,820 times
Quote:
Not just 'temptation' but also frustration and anger.

When my Dw and I were both 25 she decided that we should be celibate. The following 35 years of marriage have been filled with frustration, arguments and no real 'connection'.
She should have never made the decision for the both of you. If i developed a fear of sex i think i would encourage my partner to seek it with someone else, we would have to re-define the boundaries and expectations of our relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
But also, a writing on Fetlife that made the front page for a while, about "Mexican Dinner Consent." The guy was saying that he was frustrated with one of the typical defining standards of consent being "enthusiastic" because he felt that in a long term relationship, sometimes life just makes you somewhat less than enthusiastic but it can be a good idea to just do it anyways (the point of the OP.) He said that he is not a tremendous fan of Mexican food, but his wife is. And sometimes she'll REALLY want to go do Mexican dinner. He's not wild about the idea but he goes along. Once he's there and eating his food though, he's like "Yeah ok, this isn't too bad" and usually has a satisfying experience, even if he was dragging his feet out the front door. So this "maintenance" sex, he calls it "Mexican Dinner Consent" where one or the other partner might not be really feeling super sexual before the fact but once they get into it, they're into it and they do enjoy themselves. And honestly in a longterm relationship, I think there will be periods of time where life just makes people TIRED. It is easy to feel like sex is just more effort than one has to give.
Always a great post sonic, we seem to have a lot in common, this is the first one that has made me crave Mexican for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Eh. Not everyone wants to have their partner throw ‘em a bone (so to speak...) when said partner really isn’t into it.
I think a lot would say they don't want that, but they say sex and money are the biggest causes of arguments in a marriage, so if the partners did throw'em a bone, it would be one less thing to argue about.

There was a TEDtalk where the woman discussed infidelity and she said the best way to get in the mood for sex is to have sex, sounds a bit silly but I felt she had a very valid point, There's been time when i had sex when i would of rather been sitting on the couch eating pizza, but having had a partner that needed physical touch above anything else i knew that this was how he felt loved and recharged, Sex was always great and he was super loving afterwards, 9/10 times I would fall asleep after sex, if he still had energy he'd clean my condo...total win win in my book.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:12 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
She should have never made the decision for the both of you. If i developed a fear of sex i think i would encourage my partner to seek it with someone else, we would have to re-define the boundaries and expectations of our relationship.
Same.

I'm a guy, and there's no way I would have made that sort of decision for her.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:17 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Did you discuss your being able to go outside the marriage for physical intimacy?
yes, we have discussed it.

I can PM you the results of that discussion if you wish to discuss it further.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:24 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So, how do you cope? How are you feeling at this point? Angry? Content?

... That's control, not love.
I was angry for a long time.

At this point, I have prostate cancer. It was surgically removed in 2014. It came back in 2018. Last summer I went through radiation treatments and hormone therapy. My Testosterone was reduced to zero and has been held at that level for the past 10 months. Much like 'chemical castration'. I feel a lot less angry about being celibate now. But at the same time, I have a lot less energy to do anything right now.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:28 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
i wish i could get some maintenance sex...any volunteers?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:28 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:

I was very bitter about it for many years. We have talked about this topic a lot, as well as about divorce. I have not filed for divorce because, to me divorce is only allowed after she commits adultery, and she is not about to do that.

Fair enough. She decided to refuse any intimacy with me though.

No.

My Dw has a good mind for business. Our marriage has become primarily a business partnership. If I were to leave her, she has plans and methods to ruin me.
So you would be ok with other types of intimacy?

If you think she would "ruin" you if you divorced her, there are bigger issues than sex.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
But like you said, there was still some type of enjoyment. I was speaking on none at all. Not even what you're describing. And it's consistently like that. Of course this is different in each situation. Just how I personally see it.
If you get no enjoyment at all from being close to your partner, that indicates there is something wrong.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:53 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So you would be ok with other types of intimacy?

If you think she would "ruin" you if you divorced her, there are bigger issues than sex.
It sounds like neither of them are being very empathetic to the other. I can't fathom being in a relationship that feels like a hostage situation (on both sides.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships