Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 01:43 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Wow.

"Maintenance sex?"

How romantic.
Some things are more important than romance to keep a relationship working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 01:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Wow.

"Maintenance sex?"

How romantic.
Relationships are not always rainbows and unicorns.... There’s a lot of give and take... even when it comes to sex.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:08 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

My Dw has a good mind for business. Our marriage has become primarily a business partnership. If I were to leave her, she has plans and methods to ruin me.
Sounds like a hostage situation. I feel very sorry for you

Old 01-22-2019, 02:40 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

My Dw has a good mind for business. Our marriage has become primarily a business partnership. If I were to leave her, she has plans and methods to ruin me.
I guess this is how we get sayings like "it's cheaper to keep her" and other gems.

Sorry to hear of this situation.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:03 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
We have plenty of maintenance sex, but we're both consenting to that because maintaining our sex life and deep emotional connection is important to us both, and depends on this. Of course, this does not means always, or any time - there are plenty of good reasons to defer it to another day, but when such reasons don't exist, we go for it. And we are happier for it, and happier with each other. We also have plenty of mutually fabulous sex. We both like sex, but sometimes need some help from our partner to get into the mood. But when we make the effort, if inevitably works!
This is a new definition of maintenance sex to me: having sex to maintain emotional intimacy. I can really relate to everything you wrote, and especially the last sentence.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Relationships are not always rainbows and unicorns.... There’s a lot of give and take... even when it comes to sex.
Right, every instance of having sex doesn't have to have a romantic precedence every single time. I've heard about how husbands come home for a lunch break "quickie" or "nooner" as some refer to it.

Quickies aren't necessarily romantic.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:44 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You know, I could never imagine people in their 20s not desiring sex in their marriage. I guess YOUTH doesn't drive the drive. I think this is why people stay in long term relationships indefinitely, with no marriage proposal for of the spouse immediately stop putting out after the vows are said.
You mean - "the woman".

Old 01-23-2019, 09:42 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
You mean - "the woman".
Why do you think your wife stopped wanting to have sex with you?

Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
You mean - "the woman".
Well, you have to watch yourself around here as if you don't include both genders in a post, you'll get ripped to shreds.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:31 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Right, every instance of having sex doesn't have to have a romantic precedence every single time. I've heard about how husbands come home for a lunch break "quickie" or "nooner" as some refer to it.

Quickies aren't necessarily romantic.
Yeah that's hot if the other person is into it.

We are talking about spouses being in different places.

If you maintain emotional and communication connection the rest takes care of itself. Almost always, one or both spouses drop off communication, then everything else dims. When a person starts treating you as a mechanical device, you start to feel like one. Then you are supposed to act like one on maintenance call like the Maytag man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships