U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 12:19 PM

252 posts, read 88,500 times

Advertisements

Well, not sure where to start. My boyfriend and I broke up after a disastrous date. I took my things from his house. He texted me how he loved me and wanted to marry me etc. His mom called me. I pretty much ignored and he showed up at my place. He kept trying to hug me. I didn't want to look at him but I sat on the sofa with him and let him put his arms around me. I also let him come back the following night and we did have sex and basically got back together.
In the morning I told him let's trade phones. I wanted to see if anyone suspicious would call or text , he had mentioned someone else interested in him prior and admitted he took her number and did not say he had a girlfriend.
We traded phones , no hesitation on his part though he didn't like it of course. When I got mine back , he had erased the locations he had been on Google maps over the weekend. From the map that was still there, it looked as though he has been to an apartment and a house , both of which places I'm unfamiliar with.
When I went to see him after the weekend, he did not have sex with me. No one initiated , I never do and apparently he noticed because he complained about it a couple nights later when we were on the phone. He had other complaints about our sex life too. I thought it was a constructive conversation, I wasn't offended. He has been working 2 weeks straight and I complained about the lack of time , he has promised to change this. He offered to come over and I said it was ok (we live 40+miles apart) and that I would go to his house the following night. He had asked prior to that plan if I would clean for him. I said I would help him clean his house.
When I got there, the house was the cleanest I've seen it. He denies his mom cleaned it , said he did. He was also high and wanted to go buy more weed , he has a prescription. I said ok , trying not to fight. (Not at all my thing , not my idea of a fun Saturday night.) He said let me clean my car before you get in. When we got in the garage, he says "you're always looking around suspucious" which is true. I did initiate sex later that night and he said he was tired. There were no condoms missing or anything , I checked because we've never gone that long without sex.
In the morning we fought and it came out he thought I did something to over draft his account (I absolutely did not. I have helped him pay bills but I do not have access to his bank , he over drafts often. He also told his mom I did that. . .) I said why did you not tell me that you assumed that?! I was leaving because for the third time he said , "go find someone else" which is his standard answer if I complain these days. So I started to go , he told me to leave his key and I did. When I went outside he followed and I ended up back inside. He said he would work half a day today and come over and spend time with me afterwards. He had also said he knew I'd go online right away and so he would too to forget about me. (This was when I gave back the key)
I'm starting to think he already has someone else , these are a lot of cheating signs from what I understand. I went back with him but now I'm starting to really be suspicious. I know we need to at the very least take a break. Please share with me your thoughts , I just had to get this out of my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 12:33 PM

43,169 posts, read 41,773,101 times
Is this the boyfriend with the ex’s pots and pans?

Old 01-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Is this the boyfriend with the exís pots and pans?
No lol I forgot all about that. That boyfriend was cheating and married the person he cheated on me with. Not sure where the pots and pans went ~I suspect in the garbage . . .

Old 01-20-2019, 01:14 PM

Does this sound fun at all???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post

I took my things from his house.

I pretty much ignored ...

I didn't want to look at him ...

I wanted to see if anyone suspicious would call or text...

... he didn't like it of course.

... he had erased the locations he had been ...

...he did not have sex with me.

No one initiated , I never do ...

...he complained about it

... I complained about the lack of time ...

... trying not to fight.

... he says "you're always looking around suspucious" which is true.

... I checked because we've never gone that long without sex.

In the morning we fought...

... for the third time he said , "go find someone else"

... I'm starting to really be suspicious.
Y'all are trapped in a cycle of pettiness and distrust.

I have no idea why you still hang around each other as you clearly don't love each other. And you're in your late 40s/50s, correct?

Just end it once and for all so you can think straight.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:21 PM

He is late 30s I'm mid 40s. Agreed a lot of pettiness. I was surprised he didn't trust me with bank stuff. I don't think he thinks I cheat or anything.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
He is late 30s I'm mid 40s. Agreed a lot of pettiness. I was surprised he didn't trust me with bank stuff. I don't think he thinks I cheat or anything.
No reasonable, intelligent, considerate person would randomly accuse you of "overdrafting" his bank account, especially when he knows you don't have access to it.

All this suspicion and talk about cheating? Just stay away from him. It's not worth it.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:54 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,786,445 times
I thought you guys were in your 20s.

Guy is a loser. Walk away.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:07 PM

692 posts, read 236,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
I thought you guys were in your 20s.

Guy is a loser. Walk away.
Thatís funny I too was thinking they were a young couple. OP why are you cleaning his house? Heís a grown man let him pay someone to clean.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:10 PM

I didn't clean , said I'd help and with him working so much , I was suspicious because it was so clean. You have time to clean , but not so much quality time for me . . .

Old 01-20-2019, 03:15 PM

339 posts, read 102,003 times
It doesn't matter whether he's cheating or not. You don't trust him regardless, nor do you seem to get along with him. If I were you I'd get out of this relationship before it keeps you unavailable any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or