Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 12:54 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times

Advertisements

OK, so it's cold and rainy and boring and we have had threads about OLD messages but this one did make me laugh since it wasn't just a stupid scammer one.
Old guy, really old and he asked about age.....told him I preferred someone younger His reply.....

"Ok...i understand..
.I have a 30 yr old son never had a woman...like to hook him up."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 04:21 PM

999 posts, read 553,520 times
I wrote down a bunch of messages I thought were funny that my best friends got on OLD:

"Hi don't block me"

"Are you okay with me coming to spend the day with you?" <--this one is only funny because his username was "ex-bf" LOL

This one isn't a direct quote, but one guy had a weird series of numbers and letters in his main description area and nothing more. When she wrote him and asked what they meant, he said "it's personal" and then got super angry when she kept trying to get him to tell her.

One of my good guy friends got a long essay from this woman as a first message. I don't remember it word for word, but it was this long thing about her being the waterfall and him being the rocks she moves over or something like that. It went on and on and was super weird.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:49 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I wrote down a bunch of messages I thought were funny that my best friends got on OLD:

"Hi don't block me"

"Are you okay with me coming to spend the day with you?" <--this one is only funny because his username was "ex-bf" LOL

This one isn't a direct quote, but one guy had a weird series of numbers and letters in his main description area and nothing more. When she wrote him and asked what they meant, he said "it's personal" and then got super angry when she kept trying to get him to tell her.

One of my good guy friends got a long essay from this woman as a first message. I don't remember it word for word, but it was this long thing about her being the waterfall and him being the rocks she moves over or something like that. It went on and on and was super weird.
Hi DONT block me. Hahahahaha!

Old 01-27-2019, 05:56 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Hi DONT block me. Hahahahaha!
I wrote that once, well in the context of a nice but eccentric message, we both got a laugh out of it; although we had already met by then.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:59 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I wrote that once, well in the context of a nice but eccentric message, we both got a laugh out of it; although we had already met by then.
There is nothing wrong with being funny while nervously trying to meet someone.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:30 PM

999 posts, read 553,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I think it's hilarious too lololol….

Just for context, that was the FIRST message he'd ever sent to her.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:58 PM

924 posts, read 751,657 times
I had a guy message me once, asking if I'd ever considered shaving my hair off, because it would look,amazing on me. (Said something about my eyes and smile making that so)

Not sure if the guy was serious or trying to mess with me, but it was one of the more odd messages I've received.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:15 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
I think an unprovoked “Nice Try!” is a good head-scratcher, but there are so many odd responses, it’s hard to choose!

Just recently, I received a (too long) message with every line of it being from a different recognizable song. I think he must have spent a lot of time on that, I hope it was a copy and paste message, could you imagine coming up with all of that for every message you send!?

Old 01-28-2019, 02:12 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
I had a guy message me once, asking if I'd ever considered shaving my hair off, because it would look,amazing on me. (Said something about my eyes and smile making that so)

Not sure if the guy was serious or trying to mess with me, but it was one of the more odd messages I've received.
If we were voting, I might select this one!

Old 01-28-2019, 02:20 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
The baby-face young man who simply wrote in his first attempt to communicate: "Pick me!"
Had me asking, wtf are you a Pokemon? He kinda looked like some sort of Pokemon.

The grizzled blue collar cynic who wrote:
"Wow, I don't remember your profile being so "sht just happened" but I guess we can get coffee or something if you want."

Don't have to sound so enthusiastic, guy. Really the tone was, "*sigh* I GUESS I could go on a date with you...if I had to." Well no. You do not have to. I'm not sure (it's been years after all) but I don't think I even bothered to reply to that one. I already had a couple of pretty fun, and far more enthusiastic, men I was seeing at that point. I wish I could remember some of the more ridiculous ones, because I do remember there being an awful lot of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships