Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:44 PM

21 posts, read 8,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieele View Post
I “LOVE NEVER FADES”. This is what I believe. Sometimes they just do it for the other person.
I think that the "Do it for the other person" has deeper implications ...
Meaning that the person is lying to themself and hiding in/behind the relationship.
I guess it's "True Love" versus "Settling" kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 01:54 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieele View Post
I believe that there will always be that one person you’ll never really get over. Maybe he/she was your friend or boyfriend/girlfriend or anything. Sure, you can go days, weeks, months, years without thinking of them but the second you see their face or their name gets mentioned in passing, you’ll lost your control. You’ll hate yourself for this. Maybe one day they won’t **** you off. You’re not over this person because you can still remember the little details. It feels good knowing that you could ever love someone so much. Or that’s what you tell yourself anyway. It doesn’t matter if something is true or not. The things we tell ourselves can become our truth. And that is what matters in the end. And someone very close to me once told me “LOVE NEVER FADES”. This is what I believe. Sometimes they just do it for the other person.
Awe. When one chapter is closed, another begins. We may never forget people from our past, but we never give the future or the here & now a chance if we are stuck too hard in the past.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:29 PM

735 posts, read 452,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
With enough time and effort, you can free yourself from emotional turmoil. I don’t believe for on second I can not move on with life and love again.
This is so true! I once thought I couldn't never have fallen in love again after being with someone I considered the perfect match for me. We're just in each other's life at not the perfect time. It took me a long time to totally moved on, but I got over him. I still have fond memories of him sometimes, only because he's the most honest and the nicest man I've ever met. We're like best friends too.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:03 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
The only one who comes close to that was when I was 8 years old. Somewhere in the back of my mind I never got over her.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:16 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
my maternal Grandmother.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:34 AM

36 posts, read 27,156 times
Quote:
Then one day, I saw a picture of him on his sister's Facebook page, and *boom* like that I was healed.
That is really interesting. Why do you think the picture had this effect?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:29 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,133,264 times
The first guy I loved. the one right before my husband. I met him when I was 14. He was my boyfriend for about a year after which I met my now husband, I married at 16. But I never got over that first boyfriend.

about a month or so ago I found out that the boyfriend died about 5 years ago. It hit me very hard.
Even though I have been married for 50 years I still held feelings for that boyfriend.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:47 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
My mother died when I was 9. I don’t think about her often but at key moments in life (college graduation, wedding, birth of my daughters) I do find myself wishing she was here.

Although if my mother did not die there is 100% certainty I would never have met my wife so life has a way of coming full circle.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:55 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Someone I have mentioned here several times. He was someone I crushed on HEAVILY, because my mind built him up to be something he may/may not have been. Due to circumstances we were never able to see where it could go or see one another. I've never been able to truly shake it. He's haunted my thoughts every now and then, even years after our last communication. I even left social media because of it. He's moved on with someone else completely, which is understandable. I've moved on in a sense that I'm not in bed crying, I'm doing what I need to do to take care of myself, and I'm bettering myself. But because there was never really any formal "closure" to the situation, "what if?" will probably always linger in the back of my mind. I've just learned to live with it, as it will probably be apart of me for a long time, if not the rest of my life.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Someone I have mentioned here several times. He was someone I crushed on HEAVILY, because my mind built him up to be something he may/may not have been. Due to circumstances we were never able to see where it could go or see one another. I've never been able to truly shake it. He's haunted my thoughts every now and then, even years after our last communication. I even left social media because of it. He's moved on with someone else completely, which is understandable. I've moved on in a sense that I'm not in bed crying, I'm doing what I need to do to take care of myself, and I'm bettering myself. But because there was never really any formal "closure" to the situation, "what if?" will probably always linger in the back of my mind. I've just learned to live with it, as it will probably be apart of me for a long time, if not the rest of my life.
Hmmm. I wondered about you at times.

You seem to be a sweet person. I thought maybe there was a back story of someone.

Glad to see you have used your singleness to better yourself.

Your posts on here always seem spot on in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships