Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 07:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakuphurts12 View Post
Yeah I feel like girls won't break up with someone unless they have someone else. I have yet to see a clean break up without something brewing before hand
That’s why when a guy breaks up with a girl she will ask, “Who is she? Do I know her.”
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 07:11 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
So this comes from personal experiences and personal friends who went through break ups. I feel like a girl won't break up with you unless they have another guy they are talking to. When they are getting out of a relationship they are already easing into another one. They will play victim and will say a bunch of things that is the reason for the break up, but on the other end there is already a guy lined up that she is talking to. Want to hear from your personal experience. I am sure age range plays a role too since most of the girls I have dated are fairly younger.
Maybe the insecure ones who can’t be alone. The ones with self esteem will drop a craphead without needing another guy. Not all women need a guy to survive. I know plenty of women who don’t need a guy

Old 02-10-2019, 08:40 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Yes it's TRUE even though politically incorrect and sexist to say

Old 02-10-2019, 11:00 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Some people do and some people don't regardless of gender. Anecdotally, I have seen that women might be a little more likely to leave a relationship and be alone than jump into another relationship.
The one major breakup ("lifelong" [to that point] connection, longest time span) I've had in my life, I didn't get with another man seriously for about another five years. I don't always fall for "sayisms" or "truisms," but I really do believe that most women can get along without a man better than the opposite situation. I just think it's about women being more the "nurturer." (Lots of quotation marks here.) I know, I know, not all men/women are the same, but I still think that, for the most part, it's true...

Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
So this comes from personal experiences and personal friends who went through break ups. I feel like a girl won't break up with you unless they have another guy they are talking to. When they are getting out of a relationship they are already easing into another one. They will play victim and will say a bunch of things that is the reason for the break up, but on the other end there is already a guy lined up that she is talking to. Want to hear from your personal experience. I am sure age range plays a role too since most of the girls I have dated are fairly younger.
This is old news lol

Old 02-10-2019, 11:06 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Every guy (except one) who has broken up with me, did so once they had someone else lined up.

I have never done it. I prefer to take a break, stay single, heal and reflect for a bit.

So obviously, based on the replies, both genders do it. It's an individual thing, not a gender thing.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:09 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Every guy (except one) who has broken up with me, did so once they had someone else lined up.

I have never done it. I prefer to take a break, stay single, heal and reflect for a bit.

So obviously, based on the replies, both genders do it. It's an individual thing, not a gender thing.
Exactly. I wanted to heal up and reflect bigly. lol

Old 02-10-2019, 11:44 PM

818 posts, read 456,076 times
Nothing obvious about it l've seen it time and time again in people l know or hear about.

You could say though that obviously not every single woman goes that way but l'm 50s and can't actually think of one that didn't .

Old 02-11-2019, 03:48 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,614 times
I've never had someone else lined up when breaking up with a guy. I've also not seen any of my girlfriends have another guy lined up before breaking up with their boyfriends. My only experience has been that myself and my friends have spent a decent amount of time alone after each relationship to feel comfortable with the idea of dating again instead of rushing into another relationship again like guys all seem to do rather often.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:03 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Otherwise known as monkey branching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships