Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 01:40 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times

Advertisements

So i ran into a new situation at a bar i go to from time to time and not sure what to make of it. A gal i have talked to a couple times picks up my phone and calls herself, then says "now you have my number" and smiles. Then the bartender does the same thing. I shake my head and laugh. Never give it another thought. A couple days later my phone rings and it's the bartender wanting to know why i haven't called?

Is this a new thing the under 30 crowd does rather than just ask a guy out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 01:48 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Nope....it's thing those two women decided to do to you.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:37 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
I never heard of that and I think it's not common. Getting phone #s is of course the goal of a guy, those two sure made it easy for you!

I'm going to try a similar thing, I will hand my phone to a woman and ask her, "can you call your number on my phone so I will have it?"

I also tried a new thing standing in line at the cashier. An attractive woman was in front of me and she had to give her phone number to the cashier. After she spoke her number I said "is that your number?" She looked at me and said "yes".

Old 02-11-2019, 02:40 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
So i ran into a new situation at a bar i go to from time to time and not sure what to make of it. A gal i have talked to a couple times picks up my phone and calls herself, then says "now you have my number" and smiles. Then the bartender does the same thing. I shake my head and laugh. Never give it another thought. A couple days later my phone rings and it's the bartender wanting to know why i haven't called?

Now, that's weird. Maybe the bartender has had her (I assume bartender's a "she") eye on you for a long time, so when she saw that one woman put her number in your phone, she seized the moment to jump on the bandwagon? It's still strange, that she called you to ask why you hadn't called. That sounds a little red-flag-ish to me...

Old 02-11-2019, 02:50 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I never heard of that and I think it's not common. Getting phone #s is of course the goal of a guy, those two sure made it easy for you!

I'm going to try a similar thing, I will hand my phone to a woman and ask her, "can you call your number on my phone so I will have it?"

I also tried a new thing standing in line at the cashier. An attractive woman was in front of me and she had to give her phone number to the cashier. After she spoke her number I said "is that your number?" She looked at me and said "yes".
You may end up with someone else’s number. Lol I’ve had girlfriends who got tired of some guy pestering her for her number so she just put a random number on his phone. When he called it... Buba answered.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:54 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post

I don't think it's a thing...but mostly cause I never see people leave their phones sitting on the bar. Too easy to get it stolen or forget it. You should be mingling or talking to the people in the bar...put your phone away!

Old 02-11-2019, 03:17 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm not sure that this is a thing or not. The last time I was single cell phones weren't that much of a thing back then.

Either way sounds like you're balla if ya got two women giving you their numbers to you.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Now, that's weird. Maybe the bartender has had her (I assume bartender's a "she") eye on you for a long time, so when she saw that one woman put her number in your phone, she seized the moment to jump on the bandwagon? It's still strange, that she called you to ask why you hadn't called. That sounds a little red-flag-ish to me...
I could see them putting their number in his phone but calling themselves to get HIS number is a bit forward.

However, I like her boldness in calling him. She’s going for what she wants. If it was done in a playful manner I would be ok with it.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I could see them putting their number in his phone but calling themselves to get HIS number is a bit forward.
I agree.

I’ve heard of girls putting their number in a guy’s contacts but not calling her phone.

I would not be cool with a stranger tapping around in my phone.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:59 PM

239 posts, read 156,024 times
Be sure not to mislabel their phone numbers. It would be messy if you intended to call one but called the other instead, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships