Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:05 AM

5 posts, read 2,360 times

Advertisements

I have a friend and I recently realized being around her always had me bad luck.

This girl is a friend of mine for 9 years now. 8 years back i was in a relationship with someone and she never liked me to be with him( later realized that she liked him too) almost for 4 years I never had a smooth path in my relation because of her. Later I was abroad for my future studies and lost contact with her (may be we used to talk once in 3 months).Later, I got a job which I love, my relationship is stronger and everything was great. Until one day I got a text from her saying she lost the job. I tried to be nice and refered her in my office. She got the job and started staying with me and my boyfriend. A week after she came, my employment authorization was declined (the reason for denial is not a valid one) and thus I lost my job. Due to some issue my boyfriend almost lost his job (Fortunately, he is good now ) and everything goes wrong from the day she started living with us. Anything we planned would never be successful. I donot want to make her the reason, but when I look at my life with and with out her the past 9 years, I clearly could figure that I am at most happy without her involved in my life. Should I be careful around her? I am so confused!!!!!!!!!

Since I am away from my office now, she is trying to take my place in the office and never wanted me in there back!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like betrayal...

Will being around some people is not so good for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 01:13 PM

399 posts, read 221,076 times
Not sure this is the right sub-forum since the subject matter is a non-romantic relationship. But it sounds like somebody who I would not want to have a close friendship with.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Look for a doll that looks like you.

She must have one.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:51 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky912 View Post

Will being around some people is not so good for you?
Oh yeh...definitely...as you've figured out.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 AM

Thank you everyone. We told her politely to move out. She tried to convince and stay with us, but we were strong with our decision. It is hard to break a 9 year friendship, but I am trying to keep her away from our lives as much as I can! I really hope things get settled in and are back to normal.

I am much concerned with everything because my dog started behaving weird when she in the house.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:17 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Why not ask her about these things?

Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
When you ask the title question, the answer is pretty much always yes.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:45 AM

I did ask her about the office stuff ( She do not know that I already knew) and she just lied very easily. I am really not interested in having any discussion with her, as I know already she will create a new story! I just want to be in peace as I have my own problems to deal with!! So yday I told her to find a new place.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 AM

I am not a person who believes in such stuff. Everytime something happens I just thought it was meant to happen. But after thinking on every issue and couple of people telling me the same I had to believe in it! Afterall, all I want now is a peaceful house with my Boyfriend and my dog being happy again!

Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky912 View Post
I am not a person who believes in such stuff. Everytime something happens I just thought it was meant to happen. But after thinking on every issue and couple of people telling me the same I had to believe in it! Afterall, all I want now is a peaceful house with my Boyfriend and my dog being happy again!
That’s freaky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships