Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2019, 04:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMelody2018 View Post

I don’t plan on it, no.
You don't plan on it.

But ... who knows what could happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 04:14 PM

163 posts, read 101,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You don't plan on it.

But ... who knows what could happen?
Yeeea I meant that in “we could end up dating or falling in love” he took it to mean something else 😐

Old 03-09-2019, 04:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
As for FWB for me, I felt like we decided to just be friends. But idk I’m not sure what he’s thinking...still
So, I take it you haven't laid your cards on the table for him, yet? (Sorry, I'm trying to catch up.)

Old 03-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, I take it you haven't laid your cards on the table for him, yet? (Sorry, I'm trying to catch up.)
No worries. I told him this. I’m not sure the exact wording or the sequence bc we kept hoping around topics but essentially I think I did lay the cards out. This is the gist of it

“So I know this isn’t exactly the time or place but our last conversation confused me and I wasn’t sure what you were trying to say or what we’re doing. I think after 5 years, it’d be a good idea to figure it out. We were actually friends and I didn’t want it to be about sex, we were never about that. And that’s not why I stayed in touch with you. I care about you, you’re my friend and more and all I know is I really enjoy spending time with you, I always have a lot of fun when I’m with you and I just enjoying hanging out and who knows what will happen”

Again I’m paraphrasing, I’m not quite sure the sequence or the wording but essentially that’s what I said.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
No worries. I told him this. I’m not sure the exact wording or the sequence bc we kept hoping around topics but essentially I think I did lay the cards out. This is the gist of it

“So I know this isn’t exactly the time or place but our last conversation confused me and I wasn’t sure what you were trying to say or what we’re doing. I think after 5 years, it’d be a good idea to figure it out. We were actually friends and I didn’t want it to be about sex, we were never about that. And that’s not why I stayed in touch with you. I care about you, you’re my friend and more and all I know is I really enjoy spending time with you, I always have a lot of fun when I’m with you and I just enjoying hanging out and who knows what will happen”

Again I’m paraphrasing, I’m not quite sure the sequence or the wording but essentially that’s what I said.
I wouldn't call that "laying your cards on the table". That sounds like more vague obfuscation. What you told us earlier in the thread, was that you were seriously into him, and wanted to have a future with him. He was hinting at marriage, and you said you were for it (i.e. for it with him), but you never told him that.
"Who knows what will happen" is NOT "laying your cards on the table". See what I mean?

*sigh* Oh well. It sounds like, more recently you've begun to doubt his suitability anyway. I read something about him being immature in some important ways.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't call that "laying your cards on the table". That sounds like more vague obfuscation. What you told us earlier in the thread, was that you were seriously into him, and wanted to have a future with him. He was hinting at marriage, and you said you were for it (i.e. for it with him), but you never told him that.
"Who knows what will happen" is NOT "laying your cards on the table". See what I mean?

*sigh* Oh well. It sounds like, more recently you've begun to doubt his suitability anyway. I read something about him being immature in some important ways.
Well he was being really weird and acting a little cold and distant towards me and complaining about money and not being rich so I felt like a subway ride wasn’t the right time to tell him hey I want marriage and kids with YOU. Ya know? Plus I did tell him I thought we should figure out what we are doing and talk was kind of saying “Let’s figure out if we’re more” no?

Old 03-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Well he was being really weird and acting a little cold and distant towards me and complaining about money and not being rich so I felt like a subway ride wasn’t the right time to tell him hey I want marriage and kids with YOU. Ya know?
Fair enough. All I know is, several days have elapsed since I last tuned in, so I was wondering if there had been any progress. Thanks, OP. Carry on! And good luck!

Oh, btw, how DO you feel about his "suitability"? What's his issue with not having enough money (real? Imagined? Chalked up to some kind of insecurity?), and having an immature side?

Old 03-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. All I know is, several days have elapsed since I last tuned in, so I was wondering if there had been any progress. Thanks, OP. Carry on! And good luck!

Oh, btw, how DO you feel about his "suitability"? What's his issue with not having enough money (real? Imagined? Chalked up to some kind of insecurity?), and having an immature side?
I still love him and for me money isn’t an issue. But, I think it’s an insecurity he’s had for as long as I’ve known him and it’s being made worse by the fact he really wants to get married and have kids. I also think, part of him really isn’t ready. You can want something and say you’re ready but still not be mentally or even emotionally there yet. Ya know? That’s just my gut feeling. And I still don’t know if he was hinting at marriage with me or just talking for talks sake. Like I said he was sooo vague and confusing that night.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I still love him and for me money isn’t an issue. But, I think it’s an insecurity he’s had for as long as I’ve known him and it’s being made worse by the fact he really wants to get married and have kids. I also think, part of him really isn’t ready. You can want something and say you’re ready but still not be mentally or even emotionally there yet. Ya know? That’s just my gut feeling. And I still don’t know if he was hinting at marriage with me or just talking for talks sake. Like I said he was sooo vague and confusing that night.
Refer back to my early post about him dropping hints like bombs.

But this is why you really need to re-open that conversation, and hash it out with him. "Remember when you said __________, and we had what I thought. was a really sweet talk? Sorry, I was so caught by surprise at the time, I could respond much, but I'd like to go back to that, and re-start the convo, because it seemed important to you, and upon reflection, I realized it's important to me too..." or something.

But I think you know that. And yes, I do know what you mean, by -- you can want something, and still not be ready for it on some level.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Refer back to my early post about him dropping hints like bombs.

But this is why you really need to re-open that conversation, and hash it out with him. "Remember when you said __________, and we had what I thought. was a really sweet talk? Sorry, I was so caught by surprise at the time, I could respond much, but I'd like to go back to that, and re-start the convo, because it seemed important to you, and upon reflection, I realized it's important to me too..." or something.

But I think you know that. And yes, I do know what you mean, by -- you can want something, and still not be ready for it on some level.
Well then if he really was dropping hints like bombs than I ****ed it all up and it’s over and I missed my chance and have only my safe to blame ☹️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships