Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 03:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo415 View Post
I have been on dating sites for ages, and I am in my early 30s. No one seems interested in replying to my messages. I am not fat and/or the best looking guy there is. I am average, and I only get messages from overweight girls.
Quote:
I think all dating sites are rife with fraudulent accounts.it is very easy to tell who is fraudulent and real unless someone stole their friends Facebook photos.
And that has what, exactly, to do with this thread?

Quote:
I am interested in getting constructive feedback, thank you
Gee, finally.

I think you're rather comely. If women aren't responding, it's probably because of your ambivalence toward children.

If you don't want children, you should flat out say so, and if you do, the same. Your ambivalence "open/undecided" is going to turn off a lot of women, especially women who already have children, which unfortunately is a lot of women.

Quote:
I grew up on the Big Island of Hawaii my entire life. I am someone who is very easy going, and will do just about everything. I enjoy travelling to different parts of the world, I have been to Amsterdam, Italy, and Egypt. I also enjoy visiting the National Parks being out in the wilderness, or going to the beach to enjoy the beautiful weather. I would like to meet someone where we could cook, attend events, and travel together.

I don't have much to offer, but...

I'm easy going with many interests. I enjoy traveling, having visited Amsterdam, Italy and Egypt. I'm happy in the woods or on the beach. I would like to spend time with someone who shares an interest in cooking, traveling and attending [list events you really like].

Old 03-06-2019, 03:47 PM

399 posts, read 354,875 times
I wonder why I get likes from females older than me. I'm skinny (effin' Graves' disease!) and I look much younger than my age (30 looking like 18-20). Oh and more often than not they're on the heavy side. Is that some kind of maternal instinct or something? How can I stop that without being rude? Buff up? (apparently the 20-25 aged slim women like buff guys).

Old 03-06-2019, 03:48 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
Is it OK to ask a female "How much money do you make?"
I'm fed up with gold-diggers on Tinder, it's full of them!
You should mention a 6 figure salary and then stand her up

Old 03-06-2019, 04:04 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Quite a jump from the fact that some people will date a heavyset person, (and obviously some won't, duh) and when you are into someone you don't furtively go around worrying if the world around you is going to shame or judge you for your taste because you're a mature adult who lives life without obsessing about what the popular kids might say... versus "nobody is concerned about weight anymore."

I mean, I don't care what you eat. But just because I feel no need to throw shade at anybody over their body...how is it even my business?...does not mean that I am over here like "We should all get fat!" I know heavy people I think are attractive, yeah. I know thin people I think are attractive, too. Some people are concerned about it, I'm sure, but I'm not.

I'd be pizzed if anybody asked me about my money when dating. I'm happier to discuss my sex life than my finances. That's nobody's business. All anyone needs to know, including the man I am living with, is that I can pay my share of the bills, what my expectation is for his share, that I hold my own and pay my way.

I'd never ask a man that question, though. It is plenty easy to observe someone and listen to information they volunteer. Way more important than income is money philosophies, spending and saving habits, etc. You can easily pick up on that if you just pay attention.
In case you change your mind about not caring what I eat, tonight it'll be a meatloaf sandwich on whole wheat. Ice cream for dessert, half chocolate half vanilla.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:12 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
In case you change your mind about not caring what I eat, tonight it'll be a meatloaf sandwich on whole wheat. Ice cream for dessert, half chocolate half vanilla.
LOL meatloaf weirds me out.

Not sure why. It just does.

The food, not the guy. Well. He weirds me out a little, too actually.

Anyhow, I wonder if the OP has changed anything since I looked at his profile yesterday...

Old 03-06-2019, 04:12 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Apparently it's ok for some guys to ask, one I met asked me...but then again, I later found out he was married to a doctor. Still is.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:16 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
If women aren't responding, it's probably because of your ambivalence toward children.
Why are children the end all, and be all of everything in this country?

Old 03-06-2019, 04:22 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Apparently it's ok for some guys to ask, one I met asked me...but then again, I later found out he was married to a doctor. Still is.
The gum guy?

Old 03-06-2019, 04:35 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Why are children the end all, and be all of everything in this country?
Yeah I don't agree about that being the problem. I think saying he's open to the idea means he could have a conversation with a woman who was into that, or who wasn't.

I think "Prefer not to say" on drinking when he said NO to smoking or drugs, is an eyebrow raiser. Like do you have a drinking PROBLEM? Someone else mentioned that. I would wonder.

Also stick with what I said, I feel like the photos are not interesting and just feel like the profile is kinda bland and uninteresting, despite the activities he says he's into. I don't know how someone can make outdoor rec in Hawaii or world travel sound boring as hell, but dude manages to pull it off. Even his name says nothing interesting about him. "Like yeah. We know you live here. And...?"

Old 03-06-2019, 04:38 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

Have you ever had a woman on tinder ask that? I've met dozens, and connected with scores and score and scores more and chatted and never had that asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships